Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .... is anyone watching the discussion

on TVJ about Justice?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

No!. Wouldn't that be the last place to look for Justice? Jamaican TV?

Comment

If it was the one with Delroy Chuck and Golding it would be a replay.
      I like some of the things I hear Chuck saying about the reformation of the justice system here and also the modernisation of the courts system as well, seems every time he gets the chance to speak publicly he is making some points to that effect but I heard some sotto voce commnets from the bench as some RMs are not too happy with some of the things he is proposing
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
        If it was the one with Delroy Chuck and Golding it would be a replay.
        I like some of the things I hear Chuck saying about the reformation of the justice system here and also the modernisation of the courts system as well, seems every time he gets the chance to speak publicly he is making some points to that effect but I heard some sotto voce commnets from the bench as some RMs are not too happy with some of the things he is proposing
        Well, I wasn't aware that as soon as the stenographer (if thats the correct term) types something, it is available in real time to the judges on their computer. He has indicated that the judges aren't using the technology ... as they prefer to use their notepads.

Listening to Golding as well ...maybe its just for show .... but based on what these men are saying they aren't far off on their positions on what needs to be done in the Justice System.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Court typists are only in high court cases not at the RM level
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            Court typists are only in high court cases not at the RM level
            okay... they didn't make that distinction ...and why didn't Golding point that out. A move in the right direction though.

Comment

Working...
            X