The Depressing Math Black Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any link to resources is welcome

my preference is programming & info tech...leading to actual product development....but dat ah juss mi
    Last edited by Don1; December 13, 2011, 11:59 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

noice!

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        I tell you, it sad. Black America need a Digital Yard type project too.

Ah bwoy, as dem say at some likkle school inna Kingston, work is burning in the field
        Likkle skool wi seh!!

Comment

The proliferation of quants in the financial world is amazing...in this city you can't walk two blocks without running over one a dem...dem ah get imported fram all ova di Werl wid some fat paychek

... dem a help crash di Planet wid dem ridiculous so called modeling of human behaviour via algorithm

Occupy mi seh

Comment

Total waste of talent that could be better used to help solve real problems in the world.

It is a perfect example of why the US has been falling behind in real industry.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

absolutely

Comment

I tried to encourage my son to pursue a degree like Biomedical Engineering... but he opted for the Maths Faculty at U of Toronto... where he just finished his first term... wuk a kill him... LOL... when he gets here next week we will have to have a chat so he has a way forward... he was thinking actuarial science but if you canna read, an read big tomes of boring stuff, yu canna crass dat subject... most people think is maths... dat is de easy part...(of the professional exams)...when the mathies hit the book brick wall dem quake LOL

My son is still 17 , (18 next June) so he has time on his hands to explore his options... but he still needs a plan. I also liked computer programming etc. for him...we'll see.
                Peter R

Comment

When he comes is fete after fete after fete...hope you find the time to talk...lol.

Comment

The great thing is to have the options he has... all the best to di yute

Comment

Very useful links Jawge. Thanks. And me almost neva go look pon dem after reading bout the differential equations and abstract symmetries in quantum physics.

There are certainly a lot more career options for math majors than when I was in school. Maths was really my favourite subject but decided to go the Comp. Sci. route with a minor in maths because it was the better career option at the time.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Glad yuh see and as time progresses, mathematicians will be at the forefront. Just look at Google (I like playing wit it to see if it could guess what I'm going to type).

What I said about abstract symmetries is true though. Check out the theory of groups and rings.

BTW seems as if you were ahead of your time in school Demand for more advanced math is increasing in the sciences (info age boss).

Yuh check the buffalo page? Go down to the bottom then see math history and ancent math in Africa.

Comment

...yes, I just hope he can find balance... I heard (from my other son, dem communicate on FB) that I am not picking him up at the airport Sat night, but his friends are and they're going straight to a "lime" or a fete... won't see him til Sunday am... ahhh bwoyy!
                          Peter R

Comment

Sound like a Trini to the bone! LOL.

Comment

Mad ting....mek de bway come home first....I'm picking my son up and he tells me he's going out Saturday nite too...I asked where...he doesn't know...his friends organize...we better organize we own lime yes...

Comment

Working...
                              X