Clear All

• H.l.TDOWL,XILE & HISTORIAN..I FOUND IT

Police Woman :yuh know how long mi a serach fi dis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4GSd3uNPeM

Contrast it with the Argentinian version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3sNKuHcQvw

The skatalittes ...aaah sah .
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Vintage X...it was sooo nice...I had to play it twice!!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Thanks!!! Have to connect this through my system.....

Comment

Love Both!

Originally posted by X View Post
        Police Woman :yuh know how long mi a serach fi dis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4GSd3uNPeM

Contrast it with the Argentinian version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3sNKuHcQvw
        Interesting live stuff that’s easy to enjoy! I’m wondering who the young trumpet player and trombone player are in the Skatalites live performance. As far as the rhythm section is concerned, Lloyd Knibb is his usual dependable self on drums, and Lloyd Brevett, as is always the case, is very animated on his stand-up bass.

Later I’ll listen to ‘Police Woman” once again, this time through a good speaker system. I’ve never heard of this Skatalites recording before now though. Thanks for posting these two links, X.

Looking at the Argentina orchestra, I love that lead guitarist, and his showmanship simply enhanced his solo! The harmonica player, the trumpet player and the trombonist were all outstanding as well. The string interlude added some welcome color to this tapestry. Truly lovely music!

By the way, before you started making your posts, I was not aware that ska was so hugely popular in Argentina!!

Comment

I found that video on a spanish website years ago and i was looking for it ever since to post here , because it was deleted, I have searched the net everyday for years for it and finally I got it.

Dancing mood is a ska/reggae/jazz band heavy on the ska though, they have turned almost every song in a ska tune , and they have studied the masters, Don, Roland & Tommy works immensley.

Back to Tommy & Rolnad , just imagine them in their youth with Don , blasting that tune.

Ahhh sahhhh.These guys were Kings !
          Last edited by Sir X; December 12, 2011, 09:39 PM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Thanks for these videos, always good to see some vintage Skatalites, btw there is a Skatalites Son across the cafe, and he told me about a movie project some time ago.

Sine I heard Reggae Strings Vol II some years ago, I always thought of the same treatment for Ska, as the Argentine band display, weel if Jamaica don't want what they create, others will run with it, more power....

Comment

Of note that was on the SKA-VOOOVEE album , their third album since they re united, in the 80s.

Saddest thing about the reunification to me , is they never did over a couple of classic tunes , like nimble foot ska and beards man ska.

Comment

Working...
              X