Woiiie Pooortia Mi Belly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woiiie Pooortia Mi Belly

But at the same time she blamed the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Government for not giving her enough funds to deal with the problems in her constituency, saying: "I can only do things in the constituency according to the allocation from Government."
    Your party had 18 years in power Poortia...what was the excuse then?

Come with me to my constituency and see my handiwork — Porti

LEADER of the opposition People's National Party (PNP) Portia Simpson Miller yesterday defended her stewardship in her South West St Andrew constituency, reeling off a list of achievements which she claimed her detractors had ignored.

Simpson Miller has faced harsh criticisms for not doing enough to eradicate poverty and to develop the impoverished communities in her constituency which includes sections of Greenwich Town, Delacree Park, Maxfield Avenue, Payne Avenue, sections of Spanish Town Road, Majesty Gardens and Whitfield Town.

However, appearing as a guest on the RJR's weekly Sunday programme, Palav, she took credit for all the housing development in her constituency, the establishment of several green areas and play areas, contribution to sports development, the refurbishing of three training centres and the building of a health centre which occurred during her political reign.

"And there is something that I take pride in that you will never see. You can't touch it but you will feel it later on and they will be a living testimony to my achievement in the constituency, that is my focus on education because I feel that education is the key and is critical," she added while pointing out that she had assisted a number of young men and women, some of whom are now professionals, to attend universities and high schools.

"So they can criticise from outside but if you should go on tour with me in my constituency and look you will see my achievements," Simpson Miller insisted.

According to the Opposition Leader, she had also started the zinc fence removal programme in her constituency at Kid Lane in Whitfield Town before the Government took it up as a national project. She said a number of zinc fences were removed from communities in her constituency and several roads repaired.

But at the same time she blamed the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Government for not giving her enough funds to deal with the problems in her constituency, saying: "I can only do things in the constituency according to the allocation from Government."

Nevertheless Simpson Miller said the upcoming election will best judge her performance in her constituency.

"They can criticise, but they can look on the (December) 29 whether the people in the constituency will not vote for Portia Simpson Miller, why they continue to vote for me. They know I work with them from my heart and it is not to look a vote, they know of my genuine concern," she said.

In the meantime, the opposition leader has appealed to her supporters and those who support the JLP to conduct themselves in a peaceful manner during the upcoming election.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1gK0kLSJg

Comment

A constitutional change that we need is a residency requirement as a precursor fi elective office. Absentee MPs & Councilors need ti run whey!
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

hmm what about the garrison communities ?

Comment

If you gween represent a community, yuh fi have residence there. What's good fi his/her constituents, haffi be good fi the politician. I know it would be a bold step fi Jakans, that's what the country need real political reform.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

not practical..

why should a lawyer or doctor live in a depressed community ?

Comment

If the MD or Lawyer plan to represent the community as a M.P then you better live there , it does not stop you from pursuing your profession , like anywhere else.

Things that would make a monumental shift we brush aside, a special prosecutor to deal with corruption , turn limits , spereration of certain powers, we need scholars to examine ways to make our constitution take us to a 1st world status , this B.S of implementing various IMF programmes /Business/Jeep/Money jingle/Jamal/Tourist/Cruse ship/Hotel/Farm work/money wired home etc lip service growth growth programme will take us no-where , the IMF/World Bank /US AID own study has stated that, until we deal with corruption wi chatting faught!

When is a real moderator/journalist going to put that on the forefront to the parties , what is the OCG/DPP doing about it ? or what system do we have if any to deal with it , why isnt it working?

The faught chatting have to stop.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

not practical..

next idea..

Comment

Lets continue along our destined path.
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

why ?

pick your battles wisely..

Comment

still can be taken advantage of. I know politicians who have address in certain town but don't live there. Take mail there and maybe spend 1 night a month there in certain cities in the US just to bypass that law in some local minicpal.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Exactly. It sounds good but not sure if it is really enforcable.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What are you talking about??? So doctors and lawyers are more human that the constituents?

Comment

I agree,

Comment

What? den only about 10 consistuencies would get repped. LoL

Comment

Working...
                              X