No announcement yet.

Florida Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very harsh indeed. Forget about the lawyer, they are mostly idiots, and thieves in 3-piece suits. It is too easy to get into law school.
    Poor guy. My hunch is that with public pressure this could be reduced to a few years. Terrible situation indeed, if there is not more to the story than is being told. Well, he is lucky to be alive. In Texas she would probably be mourning the loss of that knuckle-head. Good luck 'Sass.

Comment

thanks. The thing is I knew the kid for about the first 5 years of his life. His mom was single for most of the time and she worked nights to be there in the days with the kid. This only strenghten me with my own development.

Rosemarie is strong and she is now on a mission. Sometimes we come to this country and don't take active part with execpt for our family and fellow Jamaicans but things like this wake us reality.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So true. Need to get the Jamaican consulate involved.

Comment

and it really doesn't matter whether they found out afterwards whether the gun worked. as long as it was used to intimidate etc...

i too felt that there was more to it than that ... the kidnapping and the gun (all 3 will be associated with the gun). there is no way he would get the same as someone who copped a guilty plea ..... don't know what his defence was but it certainly is something that would militate agianst him in the sentencing phase...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

sometimes they can be tried as an adult ... but that aside. was he a minor at the time?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The Judicial System in Florida: Stop over sentencing individuals

Created By Rosemarie Boothe Lake Worth, FL

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-...ng-individuals
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I feel very sorry for this lady who appeared to be a decent hard-working woman. Unfortunately her son disappointed her big time and is now paying for it.

At the same time I cannot imagine the terror that the family whose home was invaded went through... the law and sentence is harsh but it is what it is for a reason.

I can only hope that for her sake the court reviews the sentence if the youth has a chance at rehabilitation he is better off out of, than in jail.

I wish her good luck.
                Peter R

Comment

and good behaviour might play a factor too.

i feel her pain too and she is being a mother 100% at the moment perhaps more than her son deserves. i wonder if he has any appreciation for what she has done and is doing for him or all him care about is that him want to get off light?

Comment

Well put. Its a tough sentence no doubt but bwoy if dem did come in pon me and my family wid gun, me nuh tink me woulda shed too many tears over putting them away for so long.

In fact it could have been worse. Most of these youths have no idea what them getting themselves into when them take part in group crimes. Them think if them just drive the car or tag along them can't get charge wid much. Den somebody get jumpy and fire the gun and kill people and next ting you know dem deh pon murder charge.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I like this now set up a facebook page., myspace twitter etc .It can be done
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Sass, have her call this show.....I KNOW for a fact that he has dealt with similiar situations like this in the past...

http://www.michaelbaisden.com/
                        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

i told her a while back. I know she tried Tom Joyner and Steve Harvey.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sad story, where is the kid's father in all a dis?
                            Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
                            Mitty

Comment

I know the kid when he was 1-5 years old, never lived in same neighbourhood but I never know his dad. Don't know if he was around in the teen age years.

good question.

Comment

Working...
                              X