Florida Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Justice

This is a plea from a VERY good friend of mine. We went to HEART in one class and have kept in touch through the years. I was going to post this on here before but because of the nature of the forum, I will say I real protective of my friend because I know her heart and how she has contribute to different causes in the past from St.Mary's high, Marymount, her district in Oraccabessa, and we both worked on Donation for the St. Ann's Infirmary while we were there plus a few causes here in the states.

Now here is her plight.

My son got sentenced to 60 years for a home invasion robbery where no one got killed. Yes it was a stupid thing for him and his friends to do but as a first time offender the judge looked at him and gave him 60 years in the Department of Corrections. One of the other kid got 30 years after pleading guilty on the mercy of the court and the other kid got 45 years. Now this crime was committed when these males were all teenagers and they were held in the jail for two and a half years before they were tried. I need my son back, yes he has to serve time for the crime he committed but 60 years is excessive, way excessive.

Two and a half years ago he was

charged and last week he was sentenced to 60 years.
    Rosemarie Boothe who has been an advocate in helping people who are in need, mostly children over the years, she now needs our help in getting her son back. Please read her story below:
    -------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------
    HELP ME GET MY SON BACK
    BY: ROSEMARIE BOOTHE

It has been two years, five months today since my son got himself into trouble with the law. I went ahead and got an attorney to represent him by defending him I guess just as any mother would do. I know he had to pay for what he had done, the crime he had committed and my heart was set on that.
    Now when you as a parent raise your child or children to the best of your ability and give them all the necessary things and instructions you are hoping that they will follow through with your teachings and not get caught up in the wrong crowd but instead be a role model and be exemplary and make you the parent or parents proud but it does not always go the way we wish. My son, my firstborn decided to along with three other individuals, commit a home invasion. Three of the four were caught including my son, oh did I forget to mention that they were all black males under the age of 18. The young men were held in the jail system for approximately two years before they were tried. The younger of the three was sixteen years when the offence was committed, this kid had a rap sheet already anyway he pled guilty on the mercy of the court and the judge looked at him and sentenced him to 30 years in prison. My son who had no priors went to trial and was sentenced to 60 years in prison. The other young man's fate is still up in the air as he goes for his sentencing hearing on October 25,2011 and he also has a rap sheet.
    Now I personally think the judge has been severely harsh on these young men and I need to do something.
    I need to get my son back and I am asking for your help as a community. I know he is my responsibility and yes I know he did wrong but ask yourselves this question, if you were in my shoe what would you do? Is it fair for a judge to pass a life sentence, yes that is exactly what it is on my son and no one was hurt, yes there was a gun involved but at the trial it came out that the gun was nonfunctional and the dna done on the gun came back to the kid that pled guilty on the mercy of the court. I know he was wrong, dead wrong to try something like that and I have no idea what he was thinking as I did not raise him that way.
    I am begging for your help in any way possible, advice as what to do anything right about now. This is my first time dealing with the justice system here and I have never dealt with it before anywhere else so I am at a loss. I am planning to appeal but I know this process is costly and I do not have the funds so I am appealing to each and everyone. If I can get my son back I may be able to overturn a lot of sentences that has been passed on our people that was not right.

AGAIN I AM APPEALING TO YOU ...PLEASE HELP ME GET MY SON BACK.
    THANKS.
    ROSEMARIE.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

What about the lawyer she hired? Can they appeal the sentence? 60 years does sound very harsh
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Something tells me there is a little more to the story than Rosemarie is telling us...

Comment

I spoke to her in and they charged them for kidnapping because the kids took everybody to one room while going through the house. The fact is she is not asking for her son to go free because she knew he did wrong and this was his first conviction. She is just asking for a fair sentence.

He was signed up with military and was suppose to be called in 3 months time when this happen. She is trying to get her case heard by going on programs, and getting what advise she can.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Did he have a gun?

Comment

I had a friend here in GA that was accused of robbing the the amour car that he worked with. His lawyer told him to plead guilty and he said no way my dead mother never grew me as a thief and I will never say I am one when I am innocent.

He toook the stand and was proven innocent. A few months after the case his lawyer became assistant to the same DA who tried the case. Sometimes the lawyers are not working in your interest.

As for appeal it may cost a lot and they have to have some grounds. She is trying to get some community pressure.

Comment

there were three kids, one had a gun, he didn't and when tested the gun didn't even work.

Comment

Sounds like kidnapping and all that might be part of the charges
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Home invasion, armed robbery and kidnapping. What's the full name of the youth and the city where this occurred?
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I can get the info but I would rather give it offline.

Comment

Well it is a felony offence and he could have got life in prison...too bad for him...

Comment

You can get up to life in prison in Florida for kidnapping...

Comment

Very excessive, the best thing to do is launch a media campaign , Facebook ,Myspace , etc etc the news , the DA , Attorney General for the state and nation.Churches etc.

They respond to pressure., get the ACLU involved.A real human rights organization.

Tell her not to lie , speak the truth and use the fact it was down to youthful ignorance and bad company why he went astray.
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

From the Florida statutes, "A person who kidnaps a person is guilty of a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084."

And

Home-invasion robbery.—(1) “Home-invasion robbery” means any robbery that occurs when the offender enters a dwelling with the intent to commit a robbery, and does commit a robbery of the occupants therein.
                            (2)(a) If in the course of committing the home-invasion robbery the person carries a firearm or other deadly weapon, the person commits a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life imprisonment as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

even if he is under the age of consent? my proposition makes more sense then.
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                              X