Mek me ask a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mek me ask a question...

What is the use of a good rum bar or discussion forum if not for discussions of all kinds of different topics?

We who choose to come here and chat have a choice, no?

Some of us here behave as if we own Manchester United or have a direct line to Sir Alex or can dictate what goes on at Liverpool, Chelsea or A55nal and what gives us that right, simple because we are fans of that club even if we have never made a single material contribution to it but we invest emotions to the point where some man cant even eat them food after a painful loss.

Is this forum or others a must for a meaningful existence..maybe, maybe not and I for one dont think any discussion here can make any changes in our lifestyle, who we vote for or who we decide to marry or live with but it is a useful diversion and does add some levity and enjoyment to our existence.

But many have walked away from it like Phil who I also met here and still keep in touch with via Face book and I dont think their lives have been lessened one bit.

I have met a few people here and have reconnected with some who I went to school with and mostly for the betterment.

Most Jamaicans love a good sports or political argument and some will go on for days, weeks or months depending on the life of the thread and some will be resurrected long after as well and given new life like Lazarus.

Now (putting on my Bob Marley voice) who give some guy any right to try and dictate to what can or cannot be discussed here especially when it is obvious by the length of the thread that posters of varying educational level from fool fool people like me and Bricktop to bright bright well brought up people like Gamma, Historian and Exile?

I notice unfortunately that Lazie decided not to make much contributions the last two days but that is his choice as well.

Democracy is alive and well here and if so many people feel the need to make their contribution to a topic, if one guy done like it, all him haffi do is excuse himself, dont sey nothing and leave big people to exercise them franchise, a nuh all a we aggo bright and can enunciate pon de economy and world banking rates etc...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Post of the week...no month...no season...we have to wait until year-end...
    I totally agree with MOST of what you are saying, but MOST of us take ourselves all too seriously....
    I ENJOY the forum, the discussions, the information, the sniping, dissing, ribbing but it all has to be taken in context - it's just talk....I have some time on my hands now so I get involved more than normal.....
    We all have to understand too that sometimes a man (or woman) just login for a minute make a comment and gawn back to their work - sometimes not much thought put into it....a no nutten....I get my fair share and give back my fair share...lthough sometime mi waan seh sm tings whe no fit fi airplay...
    I've met some good people because of the forum....so as Lazie seh...."let's keep it real".

Comment

When i post here I don't expect or ask everyone or anyone at all to agree necessarily, all I ask is for them to understand where I am coming from.

That is not too much to ask is it?
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Yes, it is too much. Lower you expectations and all shall be revealed.

Comment

LOL!
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Ramdin on 96 261/9

Comment

Record for WI keeper in ODI
              Che Guevara.

Comment

...dash it weh...idiotic shot...you hv a chance on flat easy paced wicket for odi 100...duh! Plus Narine batting well.

Comment

BTW how come you just hijack me post with West indies Cricket?
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Sorry..Laptop/tv....that's what vacations are for...

Comment

Plus..like yu post invisible..nobody else tek it on...like yu mash corn...

Comment

LOL!
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

question before mi answer. Was this directed at Willi?
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Gwaan answer man... if you feel you can add to the debate in any way, gwaan through
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Hahahahahaahah.

Transparency international.

Comment

Working...
                              X