X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further proof...

Kerr-Jarrett Stays With Voters For JLP Mass Meeting
    Published: Wednesday | December 7, 20113 Comments

Paula Kerr-Jarrett (second left), Jamaica Labour Party candidate for Eastern Hanover, chats with constituents at her office in Hopewell. - Photo by Nagra Plunkett
    WESTERN BUREAU:

At least one of the 63 Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) candidates for the December 29 general election was missing from the stage in Mandeville on Sunday when Prime Minister Andrew Holness announced the date.

Paula Kerr-Jarrett, the JLP's candidate for Eastern Hanover, opted to remain with her constituents while thousands of other Labourities travelled to the Central Manchester to hear Holness name the date.

With the use of state-of-the-art technology, Kerr-Jarrett and her team set up screens in the divisions of Hopewell, Chester Castle and Sandy Bay in the Eastern Hanover constituency to transmit a live feed of the mass meeting to her supporters.

"I couldn't take my entire constituency and so I wanted to be with them when the important and historic date was announced. What I did here today is in keeping with the theme of my campaign 'More about People'," Kerr-Jarrett told The Gleaner.

While the other JLP candidates were on stage in Mandeville, Kerr-Jarrett split her time between the three divisions in her constituents.

"The party and the prime minister understand that I needed to be in the constituency today," said Kerr-Jarrett, who will be challenging the People's National Party (PNP) D.K. Duncan.

The latest Gleaner-commissioned Bill Johnson poll show Kerr-Jarrett with a real chance of beating the political veteran and sitting MP Duncan.

He had defeated the JLP's Barrington Grey by 10 votes in the 2007 election and Kerr-Jarrett, the political newcomer, is going all out to reverse the result.

On Sunday, it was a carnival-like atmosphere in Hopewell as Kerr-Jarrett's supporters turned out to watch the proceedings in Mandeville.

Food, liquor and music were in abundance during the evening, as the event mimicked a political mass meeting.

There was no shortage of horn blowing, bell ringing and applause from young and old Labourities.

The celebration reached fever pitch when they saw JLP leader Andrew Holness took the stage.

"We gone a lead. Andrew time now!" shouted long-time JLP supporter Delroy Jumpp in Hopewell.

There was dancing after the live viewing and scores of Kerr-Jarrett supporters travelled to nearby Sandy Bay where they had a mini-celebration and started what they believe is the quick sprint to a second consecutive term in government for the JLP.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

proof of what?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Holness' continued lying..he said on stage several times on Sunday that ALL 63 candidates were on stage with him...Paula was not the only one who stayed away..as I pointed out here yesterday, chance are most of the western candidates wit the exception of Chang and maybe Spruce Up man were there
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

ok. what could he possibly have hoped to gain by that if it is not true? it seems such a foolish thing to misrepresent!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Wow...impeach him...hahahahahhaa yuh idle eehhh?

Comment

I am sure if the lies were coming from the other side you and Desmond McKenzie and Mini me would be all over it like white on rice... I notice they have been very quiet this morning
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
              I am sure if the lies were coming from the other side you and Desmond McKenzie and Mini me would be all over it like white on rice... I notice they have been very quiet this morning
              .... just sit back a watch you in your act. Quite amusing.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

It was a deliberate attempt to MISLEAD the people into thinking he had all his potential MPs there. of course it was a foolish thing and unnecessary.

Comment

My act? Amusing? You make me laugh Lazie, you are sitting back and watching because you might just have a little bit of a conscience left and you know in your heart you cannot counteract anything I have posted since yesterday.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

How you camed to that position. I imagine if you had rethink it threw, you would have arrive at a differnt conclusion, possibly?

We are really majoring in the infinitesmal here.

Real silly season. Stay above all this petty foolishness.

Comment

Why make a statement like that if you haven't verified it? Either HE was mislead or he deliberately misled. Maybe it's part of the hype and excitement but the Jamaican people and media seem fedup with lies and they are checking everything and calling it out. Is honesty such a difficult thing?

Comment

Lies?

63 candidates here? is that you talking about? That is easily understandable and a minor gaffe. Really not worthy of note...like the Camed discussion.

Comment

whether it was deliberate or not (he may have been misinformed), it was CHUPID!!! CHUPID CHUPID CHUPID!!!

Comment

it was a statement he need not make .... i don't see any upside to it...

Comment

Exactly my take...no need..

Comment

Working...
                              X