supporters heckle journalists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

willi

how when some other members come and seh "brown man" time u nuh seh dem "crass"

is becuz unuh support the same thing.....u luk pass it?

ansa mi

Comment

Go jump inna yuh pool & cool off yute...yuh acting like a girl child...

Comment

PAJ writes Holness on threats against press

THE Press Association of Jamaica (PAJ) has written to Prime Minister Andrew Holness, regarding comments he made about the media at a recent Jamaica Labour Party rally in Portland.

The following is the unedited version of the letter signed by PAJ president Jenni Campbell.

Holness...Criticised media at political rally
        1/1
        Dear Prime Minister Holness,

THE Press Association of Jamaica (PAJ) takes note of the negative public utterances from your political platform against journalists and the veiled threats against media workers by your supporters at public meetings. The PAJ is aware of instances in the not too distant past where platform comments have resulted in attacks on journalists.

While we respect the right of every individual to criticise the media the vitriol that has come from the Jamaica Labour Party platform in Portland and Manchester is unacceptable and has put media workers at risk as they perform a legitimate and necessary function of providing the public with information.

We wish to state clearly that should this pattern continue or if a single journalist is attacked the PAJ will swiftly seek the assistance of its regional and international partners including the International Press Institute, the International Federation of Journalists, the Inter-American Press Association and the Association of Caribbean Media Workers to ensure that your administration is reminded of Jamaica's enviable record of press freedom and the sanctions which can be brought against a government which threatens the safety of media workers.

In the interest of openness and transparency the PAJ will be making this letter public.
        Kindest
        Jenni Campbell
        PRESIDENT

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1frxerPL0

Comment

You ever see me enter into dem deh wind ups.

Yuh really think dem serious, or is just to be contrary.

I sense however that some of the foolishness that you kip up you tek serious.

It is hard for me to comprehend how yuh can be so off track, but there you have it.

Unlike you, I have been around the block a few times and when you see the same shyte over and over again, well it get tired and stale.

Comment

lol...whoee..yu on a roll today..

Comment

But wait,

Yuh tink seh is only JLPNP know how fi have a good time?

True dem name PARTY, so it natural dem give into dem nature...but di rest ah we can follow the lead. LoL

Comment

Absolutely correct Historian. The only thing he has in his favour, is the fact that this is one of those words, because of common misusage, will become acceptable as singular or plural in a matter of time. Some well placed linguists are predicting this to occur within the next 10 years. Languages are fluid, and English is most fluid. It basically has no written rules, not unlike the British constitution, it simply relies on a set of common usages.

Comment

...but some are more fluid than others. So are you then saying the PM is well ahead of his time...say 10 years. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                    Absolutely correct Historian. The only thing he has in his favour, is the fact that this is one of those words, because of common misusage, will become acceptable as singular or plural in a matter of time. Some well placed linguists are predicting this to occur within the next 10 years. Languages are fluid, and English is most fluid. It basically has no written rules, not unlike the British constitution, it simply relies on a set of common usages.
                    Will become acceptable? Try again. English basically has no written rules? Where yuh went school again?

Comment

It is present time. The media can be seen as a monolith and taken as singular. In England they make teams plural. "Manchester United ARE"...fuss time I heard it, it felt strange, but ah fi dem language, suh.

Is like how dem seh partnerships are wholly and severally liable...
                      Last edited by Willi; December 7, 2011, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I bet Reggaedoc says ""My stamina aren't what they used to be"...

Comment

Working...
                        X