Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protect gov't documents, Portia urges

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

BLACK RIVER, St Elizabeth — In the wake of recent break-ins at the offices of the National Solid Waste Management Authority (NSWMA) and the Institute of Sports, Opposition Leader Portia Simpson Miller has called on the Jamaica Labour Party government and all permanent secretaries to do all in their power to protect government documents.
    Speaking at a People’s National Party mass rally in Black River last night, Simpson Miller expressed alarm at what she appeared to suggest were attempts to cover up and even destroy relevant information in a context of allegations of corruption against the government.
    “I want to ask all permanent secretaries to ensure the safety and security of all government documents at every ministry and agency of government, and while I can’t give any instructions I am asking the man who will be the shortest serving prime minister in the history of Jamaica if he claims to be decisive … He must instruct that (at) every government ministry and agency that the files and documents be secured and we are not joking because when we take office in a few weeks we want to find the documents intact,” she said.
    The Opposition Leader claimed it was “strange” that “when something came to the fore that things were not right at the Institute of Sports that the place was broken into and files went missing and that (on the weekend) a section of NSWMA where they store documents, was broken into and set on fire”.
    - Garfield Myers

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1foCfnnfO

This is a serious problem. I doubt either party will place much focus on it, but we really need to start sending the police after these folks and get out the politicians attached.

Comment

yup. it has happened on both sides of the aisle ... it happened with the JFF too, no?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
      X