No announcement yet.

butch stewart story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what serious allegations are you talking about? Many poster on this board havn't got one complimentary thing to say about Butch Stewart or his businesses.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

so you do it to others that you post complimentary things about???
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

like ?

Comment

Yuh come een like Portia...dandy shandy you waan play...if you not answering the questions posed just keep it moving...thanks...

Comment

any other. You may want to think about rephrasing or re-writing that sentence. LOL.

Comment

That's purely subjective, in fact disingenuous at best, even in your green-tinted dark shades. Both have been leaders in their own right.

Comment

How many elections has Portia won for her party?

Comment

u a mix i up wid d other posters u debate with everyday bout tourism

Comment

Yeah, blame the partner...champagne flights, cheap flights on Air Ja to Sandals destinations, pre-packaged..I wish I had a partner like that.
                    How many times Air Ja get caught with drugs again? And get hold up in the US?

Comment

OK..here's to you:

(11) Air Jamaica was originally a state enterprise and then privatized with government as a minority partner. According to former prime minister, Bruce Golding, “Since its inception in 1969, Air Jamaica has accumulated losses of over US$1.4 billion or J$126 billion. In the last 3 years alone, it has incurred losses of US$337 million or J$31 billion.” (February 11, 2010. Statement to Parliament by Hon. Bruce Golding, Prime Minister on the Privatization of Air Jamaica)

Though essentially a private company, the government nevertheless stood guaranty for all the loans and losses of the Airline because of its minority involvement. In other words, lenders would have no need to care whether the company was insolvent or not since government had guaranteed to pay back the loans. [The constitution guarantees that sovereign debt has first claim on the consolidated fund.] The principal owner of Air Jamaica, Gordon Butch Stewart and his Sandals company have benefitted tremendously even if Air Jamaica lost money. The public debt kept growing in tandem with Air Jamaica losses.

Should there be a special tax on the profitable tourism companies lavishly subsidized from public funds? Should all the loans borrowed be investigated to see who really benefited? The answer is a resounding: yes.

[“Despite the downturn in the economy, Sandals Resorts International experienced one of the best years on record in 2010. Interview with Butch Stewart” http://www.leadersmag.com/issues/201...rnational.html
                      “Air Jamaica: end of an era 'The little piece of Jamaica that cries' Friday, July 08, 2011” “The story of Air Jamaica's contribution to the economy, on one hand, could be told in soaring figures. At its peak, the airline carried 69 per cent of all persons travelling to Jamaica and 52 per cent of tourists visiting the island. On the other hand, the figures by themselves could not tell the entire story. The airline lost approximately US$674 million during AJAG's 10 years of operation, representing an annual average loss of US$67 million”
                      Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1dkfR1VR0
                      Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1dkeofBBt

http://lloyddaguilar.blogspot.com/

Comment

So if they are not complimentary then its hate?

Unnu use Butch fi mek unnu point, but beat him down fi make unnu other point.
                        Inna most a unnu post unnu hate him like posion, only when him have something in Common with Portia him have any use.

Comment

Great...which party agreed to the deal with Butch in 1994? Air J lost $674 million during Butch's 10 year tenure and after turning it back over to the then government (which party was that again?) had more than US$900 million loses in a 3 year period...I am not that great at math...interpret those figures for me please...thanks...
                          Last edited by Bricktop; December 6, 2011, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Who signed the deal?

Comment

yep. Next to "Babylon" Butch suppose to get the most criticism on this page. Not even a complimentary word from many.

If it walk like a duck then.....

Comment

That's a huge step, a great extrapolation and grossly unfair condemnation. I hardly think anyone here has any personal grouse with the man to extend it to hate. Is that what you feel when you disagree with someone's position or behaviour?

Comment

Working...
                                X