RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now this is what I don't get about this gov't.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is what I don't get about this gov't.

Why go into an election with important issues such as pension and tax reform yet to be resolved? Firm decisions need to be taken on these issues .... why leave it unresolved .... and now if you're not returned to office ... what happens? Foolish move.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

SIMPLE

if them deal with it now..............the public sector ago vex wid dem.........n them nah guh get the VOTES......so them leave it after the election.............SIMPLE POLITICS

Comment

if jlp loses do you think that trafigura will go forward?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yes........ it is before the courts

Comment

i would be interested to see. if the major players are government ministers there might be immunity issues .... especially portia as pm.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You are sounding worried...let it go...all is fair in love and war....no time for policy matters now...there's an election to be run....spoils to be shared, promised to be made....just fasten your seat belt and watch the ride...
            Last edited by Exile; December 6, 2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Hahahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                You are sounding worried...let it go...all is fair in love and war....no time for policy matters now...there's and election to be run....spoils to be shared, promised to be made....just fasten your seat belt and watch the ride...

Addressed to me? Again, if you notice when people are preoccupied with trivialities such as first rasta in Parliament, first woman PM etc, I've constantly spoken about the economy. If people listened to financial analysts instead of unintelligent ppl shouting from a political platform ... they'd see the significant jump in public sector wages and pension recently. Now I see why the PNP can afford to go to the polls without putting anything on the table.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  if jlp loses do you think that trafigura will go forward?
                  Irrespective ... it is now a dead issue. There is an advantage to having power for 18 years. As the saying goes, "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts ....."

Comment

Whoever wins the next election wont be able to delay the tuff decisions to be urgently made...

Yuh should almost want to lose, as the next Govt will be a one term guvvament. (Almost) Guaranteed.

Comment

Next year will be a very rough year for all Jamaicans - home and abroad....the fickleness with which this election campaigning is being held - by both sides, belies the reality of our very serious economic future. Just not seeing the serious issues being addressed. All else is distraction - including the daily rantings here. Real change is needed at home. Significant shake ups in how we treat with each other, do business and live together. Unfortunately it is just not a political solution - despite our leanings.

Many here have proffered ideas that deal with single issues - some quite good e.g. new social contract, IT in development, primary education, more teeth to the OCG, sports tourism, tourism development and role of the different players and environmental issues in governance and development. We are not getting it from the politicians because of all the background noises,the everyday fire-fighting and the media sound-bites. It's all 'dumbed-down' to a population that may have real native intelligence, if not formal education. Can we raise the level of the discussions, interactions and implementation? If not we are certainly doomed and will become the nation that had so much potential but self-imploded.

Comment

Yep. Those will have to be tuff decisions that have to be taken. Like it or not. Tax reform, pension reform, possible job cuts, and dealing with the IMF.

If that is not done then it is going to be worst going back to devaluation, inflation and even worst, so there is no choice really. It is much easier to do it at the start of a political term and hope that the economy grows to offset by the next election.

Jamaica is at a very critical point right now so let me see how they deal with it. No government not going to make those changes right before an election and Bruce Golding knows, Holness knows, Portia knows and the IMF knows.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"and hope that the economy grows to offset" Hope? are you serious? How about revamping the education system and setting one up to deal with the new age?

Ah I forgot we can't even debate it because Thwaites had some problems with coffee. Finance? Yes "even though Audley was bankrupt?" I said noooo problem go right ahead.

Carry on Ja, you are doing very fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X