• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observer etc allowed to hide behind fig leaf of impartiality

...Hypocrites and Parasites

Country not ready for media endorsement of political parties

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

JOURNALIST of the Year 2011, Nadine McLeod, has suggested that Jamaicans are not yet ready to handle the endorsement of political parties by the local media.

McLeod said there were allegations from the public that media houses were partial to political parties and asked "...if there's any truth to allegations that some media houses or journalists are partisan, then why don't media houses outrightly endorse a political party or a candidate? After all, there's free speech and it is accepted in other parts of the world".

The Television Jamaica (TVJ) journalist was speaking on the State of the Media, a feature of the annual National Journalism Awards last Friday night at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel in New Kingston. She topped her colleagues for the award of Journalist of the Year based on an outstanding body of work over the past year.

McLeod noted that in the 2004 US presidential election campaign, both the Washington Post and the New York Times had endorsed Democratic Party nominee Senator John Kerry in their editorials. Just last week Sunday, New Hamphire's largest newspaper openly endorsed former House speaker Newt Gingrich who is running for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination.

"It's quite common in some places in Africa. In Sierra Leone, journalists say it's the norm. Back home here in Jamaica, we have to ask a question — is our population politically mature enough to deal with this practice? And will the practice compromise objectivity?

"For some, the question about why media houses and journalists do not endorse candidates or political parties may seem outrageous. Tonight, I ask the question, not only to highlight the outrage in endorsing only one viewpoint — and let me qualify, outrage at this time in history — but also to suggest that if media houses or journalists are secretly engaging in this kind of practice, it does not benefit the profession.

"If whatever you do secretly, as it relates to your job, cannot be done openly, then a red flag should immediately go up in your mind," she insisted.
    — Desmond Allen

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1fkeo4kUR
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

RED ANTS
    12/6/2011
    The observer printed it openly that the Sun Herald is supporting the PNP but yet the observer is hiding itself.The way people talk,type and print suggest to me they can be identify,especially when they are bias in their reports.which mean their is no need to hide.I have seen newscaster wearing their party colors even in their ears on national tv.
    from d observa

Comment

No, from the comments by readers.

Red Ants is a prominent comrade poster. Logic does not stand in the way of his opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        No, from the comments by readers.

Red Ants is a prominent comrade poster. Logic does not stand in the way of his opinions.
        ok....so his logic is off when he said that the OBSERVER is HIDING ?

i c

Comment

I dont speak of the instant case. Is now yuh ah read Red Ants?

Even a bruk clock is correct twice a day...

Both JLP and PNP are often in the wrong. Realize that and den we can talk.

Comment

but even if him bias......weh him seh above true..........u adi bad one now ......becuz even wen him talk truth u cant seeit(or u attack him) ........becuz him oppose u

Comment

Again, where did I oppose him in the instant case.

Just suggested that he is not the best advocate for YOUR view as he is known to be outrageously biased!

Comment

Skengy,

Know this.
                Mi nuh mek pallytishun tun me inna kunnumunuh. Di whole a dem keep up dem slackness from time to time.

Mi nah guh try warp reality fi try mek dem look right when mi know dem wrong. that said, I wont always see things the way the majority sees them, due to inside contacts of the gift of the 3rd eye dat me and Shatta Cleve have. LoL

Go ask the elder statesmen here who is Shatta. loL

Comment

but why say " Logic does not stand in the way of his opinions."

even weh him seh is true

mi coulda understand wen it is not as clear if him wrong or right..............but in this case it OBVIOUS him right

Comment

The Observer looks pro-JLP no doubt, but again, try to understand...his biased nature is shown up by his convenient disregard for logic when it suits him. Therefore, I dont put any stock in him at anytime.

I can make up my own mind and dont need any reliance on biased ants.

You seem so keen to push a point, you dont see the forest for the trees.

Comment

Again Mr. Allen said everything I have been saying.

thank you sir.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mi careful with the 3rd eye man dem....Masonry and all kinda simi dimi....

Comment

d g2k a spread rumour seh a certain bizniz man from central Manchester switch and a support the JLP

but the pnp seh a lie LOL

Comment

He uses "their" instead of "there"...need I say more?

Comment

Nah man, not a physical one.

The 2nd Chakra is the 3rd eye.

Crown Chakra is ONE
                              3rd eye is 2 (actually miggle forehead)
                              Throat is 3
                              Heart (actually the miggle of you breastbone is 4)
                              Solar Plexus is 5
                              Gonad area is 6 and the sole of the feet is 7th

YUh simmy? LoL

Comment

Working...
                              X