• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jawge's beloved NYPD... A Corps Racist to the Core

N.Y.C. Police Maligned Paradegoers on Facebook

By WILLIAM GLABERSON
    Published: December 5, 2011

They called people “animals” and “savages.” One comment said, “Drop a bomb and wipe them all out.”

Hearing New York police officers speak publicly but candidly about one another and the people they police is rare indeed, especially with their names attached. But for a few days in September, a raw and rude conversation among officers was on Facebook for the world to see — until it vanished for unknown reasons.

It offered a fly-on-the-wall view of officers displaying roiling emotions often hidden from the public, a copy of the posting obtained by The New York Times shows. Some of the remarks appeared to have broken Police Department rules barring officers from “discourteous or disrespectful remarks” about race or ethnicity.

The subject was officers’ loathing of being assigned to the West Indian American Day Parade in Brooklyn, an annual multiday event that unfolds over the Labor Day weekend and that has been marred by episodes of violence, including deaths of paradegoers. Those who posted comments appeared to follow Facebook’s policy requiring the use of real names, and some identified themselves as officers.

Paul J. Browne, the Police Department’s deputy commissioner for public information, said he learned of the Facebook group from a reporter and would refer the issue to the department’s Internal Affairs Bureau.

The comments in the online group, which grew over a few days to some 1,200 members, were at times so offensive in referring to West Indian and African-American neighborhoods that some participants warned others to beware how their words might be taken in a public setting open to Internal Affairs “rats.”

But some of the people who posted comments seemed emboldened by Facebook’s freewheeling atmosphere. “Let them kill each other,” wrote one of the Facebook members who posted comments under a name that matched that of a police officer.

“Filth,” wrote a commenter who identified himself as Nick Virgilio, another participant whose name matched that of a police officer. “It’s not racist if it’s true,” yet another wrote.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/06/ny...egoers.html?hp
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

At times I wonder if you reallly think before you type.

Okay disband the whole NYPD because of this. I am hetting an understanding of the shallow and narrow way of how you view thisngs. The same way you made degrading remarks about Chinese and Haitians (you are in a minority) it's the same way those idiots can pass remarks on West Indians.

You should go hang out with them on face book.

Comment

At times I wonder if you reallly think before you type.
      I am always thinking..whether typing or not
      Okay disband the whole NYPD because of this. I am hetting an understanding of the shallow and narrow way of how you view thisngs.
      Never said disband your band of heroes...just that they are a significantly racist bunch. No news here...I've seen it up close myself ...multiple times

New York's and America's jails are overflowing with people victimized that way...the US has almost half of all the incarcerated on the entire planet...mostly Black or Hispanic. I guess that's accidental

But keep your head where your behind should be

The same way you made degrading remarks about Chinese and Haitians (you are in a minority) it's the same way those idiots can pass remarks on West Indians.
      Minority? Ah whadat? Mi ah nuh minority...mebbe yuh

Haitians and Chinese eat dogs and/or cats... I intimated that without any pejorative..why?? Because it's a FACT ....as it is in dozens of countries

It's stupid to say that mentioning that is degrading...then again..that's probably why you said it

You should go hang out with them on face book.
      Hmmmm.... no
      Last edited by Don1; December 6, 2011, 04:46 PM.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
      X