Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican in Toronto excelling in science

A year-old story but worth reading.

This is a high school and UWI classmate of mine....

http://myspot.mona.uwi.edu/alumni/ec...n-abdur-rashid
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

nice
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You see how Babylon did want tief the man intellectual property?

I tell you, we as a people better wise up, cause otherwise the land and minerals that was stolen over 400 years will be small change compared to what will be stolen in this century.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Dasgupta was a very inspiring easy going person...I think he also had a brother teaching there as well...he used to say "devil up the wipid membrane".....

Comment

NOICE!! Big respek to di man.. Big tings dat!

Pon anedda note...

Born in Clarendon, he grew up in rural St. Thomas in what he described as the typical Jamaican family and was the first of five siblings to attend the UWI. He got bitten by the science and technology bug at UWI, where he declared, I had the best lecturers, including my Ph.D. supervisor and mentor, Professor Tara Dasgupta, the best environment and opportunities for growth.
          ... ow im did manage fi hold dis opinion an fi escape di backward Intellectual Ghetto wi ear fools ranting about?
          Last edited by Don1; December 3, 2011, 10:02 AM.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Good post!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

true dat.... IP protection is crucial is dis yah time babah

Google juss buy Motorola fi $12 Billion...nat really fi dem product lineup ...but fi dem patent portfolio

Tings an time change...drastically

But mek di frog dem gwaan bwile
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
              X