Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Long's wife to seek divorce

By msnbc.com staff and Associated Press
    The wife of Bishop Eddie Long, the Georgia megachurch pastor once accused of coercing four young men into having sex, has told her lawyers to file for divorce, according to a statement issued Friday.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...o-seek-divorce
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Hehe - she gonna take the cat, the dog, the house, the farm, the cars and the plane............
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

...yuh like dat eeehhh..?

You women bwoy...

Then look at Herman Cain's (sweetheart) for over 13 years. Just busss pan the poor man.....

You 'omen!!......... grrrrrrrrr!!!
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

But marriage is about staying by your man through the bad times & good times.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
          But marriage is about staying by your man through the bad times & good times.

Even when your man prefers the B-A-C-K-S-I-D-E-S of youthful men? I don't think so.........
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

nervous HL, do you have some skeleton in your closet? (no pun intended)
            Peter R

Comment

hehehhee...who?...mmuah?

No bass.

I am like you PR...free and clear (right?)

HL

Comment

if you mean good times equal happy (insert synonym) times maybe not... (if she is now) Finding out about his clandestine relationships is one thing, to find out that it was with men adds a different dimension... he left her with no choice if she is to preserve her sanity and self-respect.
                Peter R

Comment

but some men will argue it is NATURAL for them to have such preference MDMEX

Comment

...and that's okay but why bring a woman into it? it's just to cover up your lifestyle that's not fair to an unsuspecting woman!
                    Peter R

Comment

Oh, glad a see you 'omanX.

Here take this:

Now if herman cain's sweetheart will admit--is just a likkle fun she did-a-mek.

PM ET,

Long's Wife Won't Leave Him After All

• Posted: December 2, 2011

Early this morning, Bishop Eddie Long's wife, Vanessa, announced that she'd filed for divorce from the embattled pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church. She said the decision was made "after a great deal of deliberation and prayer."

But it seems the praying didn't stop after the papers were filed against her husband, who's been accused by four young men of coercing them into having sex with him. Early this afternoon, she announced that she'd had a change of heart and planned to withdraw the petition, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports:

"Upon prayerful reflection, I have reconsidered and plan to withdraw my petition for divorce from my husband, Bishop Eddie L. Long," she said in an emailed statement bearing the New Birth logo. "I love my husband. I believe in him and admire his strength and courage."
                      She went on to blame "years of attacks in the media" for her initial decision to seek a divorce.

Last fall, four young men accused Eddie Long of coercing them into having sex. Their lawsuits were settled in May, then dismissed.
                      The accusations made against Long by Anthony Flagg, Spencer LeGrande, Jamal Parris and Maurice Robinson alleged that the bishop used his influence, trips, gifts and jobs to coerce them into sexual relations.
                      Any guesses as to what -- besides "prayerful reflection" -- might be going on behind the scenes of the latest development in this mega-church scandal?

HL

Comment

"Divorce" within the marriage... her monthly allowance just tripled!
                        Peter R

Comment

MAN-kind feel it !!!

HL

Comment

that is why she want out. She nuh want go behind him. LOL
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not to mention all his church members that he was deceiving with his anti-homosexual rants
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X