Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNP condemns stone throwing incident in St. Elizabeth

PNP condemns stone throwing incident in St. Elizabeth

People’s National Party Campaign Director for South East St. Elizabeth Derrick Rochester has condemned reported acts of stone throwing which reportedly took place at Chapman in the Cheapside community on Tuesday.
    Mr. Rochester says acts of political violence will not be condoned in the constituency.

The former Member of Parliament says it is important for wayward political supporters to be reigned in.

“I can confirm that stone throwing has taken place. I am not able to tell you the extent of the stone throwing, I am not yet able to tell you if people sustained injuries but it is factual that stone throwing has taken place,”
    “It is in keeping with long held tradition that once people on the opposite political side is passing through that area that the citizens feel that they have a right to interfere,” Mr. Rochester said.

He added that only recently there was a meeting of the candidates and their teams where they decided on ways to ensure that the upcoming election campaigns are held without violence.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Not taking it lightly but is he able to tell "in which direction the stones were thrown"?

Comment

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
      X