X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginger White SLAMS Herman Cain

click SLAM to watch

SLAM

Herman Cain would not make a good president, says Ginger White, the woman who said she had a 13-year affair with the Republican White House hopeful.

Speaking to ABC News, Ms White also referred to her relationship with Mr Cain as a "very casual".

The former pizza firm executive has denied the affair, calling Ms White a "troubled Atlanta businesswoman".

The candidate has said he is "reassessing" his campaign in light of the new allegations.

Ms White, 46, said on Wednesday that her mobile phone records show interactions with Mr Cain as late as November, although their relationship ended eight months ago when he began running for president.

"It was a very casual affair. Am I proud to admit to that? No I'm not," Ms White told ABC.

Mr Cain has not denied he was friends with Ms White, or that he helped her financially, but has denied they had any sexual relationship.

Mr Cain, a former head of the National Restaurant Association, wrote to supporters on Tuesday: "I have helped many friends and acquaintances throughout the years... Ms White has made it apparent that she was abusing the friendship."

Ms White has said that Mr Cain never asked her to keep quiet about the affair.

"The funny thing about Herman Cain is never in a million years did he probably think that I would speak out on this," she said.

"And honestly speaking I never wanted to."

Ms White said the affair took place over a 13-year period, describing it as an "on-and-off" relationship that included several trips, including to Las Vegas to see Mike Tyson fight Evander Holyfield.

Mr Cain has begun campaigning in Ohio this week, and made a speech to supporters on Wednesday, where he told supporters that there was "a groundswell of support" for him.

"They are attacking my character, my reputation, and my name, in order to try and bring me down," Mr Cain said.

'Too much of a cloud'
    In recent weeks Mr Cain has also faced a series of allegations of sexual harassment dating from his time as head of a restaurant lobby group.

Mr Cain has denied all claims of sexual harassment, but he has admitted that a financial settlement was reached with one of his accusers, Karen Kraushaar.

Another woman, Sharon Bialek, went public with her accusation that Mr Cain groped her when she asked him for help finding a job.

Before the accusations began to emerge, the Georgia businessman had enjoyed a lead in several opinion polls.

But since then he has seen his ratings slip, while former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has surged.

In the event that Mr Cain quits the race, it is not clear which candidate would benefit most.

But Mr Gingrich rose to a new high in a Gallup opinion poll on Tuesday, while former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, who has maintained the steadiest lead, was down.

In a conference call with campaign staff on Tuesday, Mr Cain said the latest allegation was a "cause for reassessment".

"We have to do an assessment as to whether or not this is going to create too much of a cloud, in some people's minds, as to whether or not they would be able to support us going forth."

He concluded by telling his team: "If a decision is made, different than to plough ahead, you all will be the first to know."

... in more ways than one!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I think Gingrich is going to be the nomination, The Conservative base have been looking for an excuse not to support Romney , he could not seperate or rise to a decent poll number , Gingrich is the best that the conservatives can hope for , he is consistent on most conservative issues.

Will loose tough, cant carry New York or California , even Florida.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
        I think Gingrich is going to be the nomination, The Conservative base have been looking for an excuse not to support Romney , he could not seperate or rise to a decent poll number , Gingrich is the best that the conservatives can hope for , he is consistent on most conservative issues.

Will loose tough, cant carry New York or California , even Florida.
        Lets wait and see if he will fade away like the rest. In the last debate he did make a statement about illegal immigrants that the "talking heads" assume will not go down with the consevatives.

What about Ron Paul? He doesn't get to be a flavor of the month as well?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The Grinch has been vetted and is on the rise , a dangerous sign , Romney has been vetted and cannot rise stuck in the low 20%

Ron paul is like Romney but he is the minus 5 %.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

No Republican carries NY or California. Those are safe Dem states.

I still think that eventually they will go with Romney. They don't like him but they HATE Obama and he has the best shot at beating him.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

California???

Comment

In Presidential politics, yes.

Bush #1 in 1988 is the last Republican to carry California and with immigration changing the demographics it has only got harder for an (R) to win.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                X