Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J’can drug dealer wins human rights case in the UK

J’can drug dealer wins human rights case in the UK

Jamaican Andre James told judges: 'There's no work so I might fall back into committing crimes'.

A Jamaican drug dealer, who was jailed for gun crime in the United Kingdom, has won his human rights case, which allows him to stay in Britain partly because he would return to a life of crime if he was deported.
    Andre James convinced judges that deporting him to Jamaica would make him more likely to reoffend - even though the home secretary wanted him removed from the country.
    This after he was jailed for five years in 2007 for possessing a revolver and ammunition, supplying class "A" drugs, carrying a blade in public and being in possession of criminal property.
    Mr. James was also allowed to stay on the grounds that his human right to a family life would be infringed by being forcibly returned, because he has two children in Britain.
    According to the Telegraph, the case highlights growing concerns over the use of human rights legislation by foreign criminals to frustrate legislation, which makes it clear that anyone serving more than a year in prison should be automatically deported.
    Coalition ministers have launched a review of the way the crucial element of the law, the controversial article 8 of the convention on human rights - which guarantees a right to a private and family life - is being used.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

only a matter of time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Family life...yeah right.

Comment

Working...
      X