Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruel but...

I still gotta share.

Been getting some BB pings from my JLP friends and while they might be a tad cruel they are funny as hell.

There is one with Andrew talking next to a chair and it says, 'debating an empty chair is harder than debating Portia.'

Another one says.."when we say 39 we talk of our leader's age, when they say 39 they talk about their leader's IQ"
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

What a way things change. All Ben a BB Sikko these days. Change is good.

Comment

Is it Portia Simpson that the PNP are still looking at as their leader?

I am very sure there are much brighter, younger minds in that party that they could overwhelmingly select as PNP leader.

What's your [honest] take on Portia cum-bred Mosiah?
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

There are decent Labourites....and then there are the likes of Ben Dover
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

She should resign and don't run for any elected seats again, she was PM before, how much she needs her ego to be stroked?

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
            She should resign and don't run for any elected seats again, she was PM before, how much she needs her ego to be stroked?

AND at her present age
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
              AND at her present age
              MdmeX are you over the hill? ...unable to make any worthwhile contributions to our development?

I know you are nowhere near Sitah P's age...but I know you are older than when we started the forum...and I just have not seen any deteriorating mental capacity?

I ask as my 95 year old Mom seem to me to be getting better and better as the years go by....

Sure my Mom is retired...but she has 2 years past worked with a past student of her's helping that student on her successful completion of a Doctorate. As fact, that student at my 92 year old Aunt's funeral claimed me as brother as she claimed she would not have been successful if it were not for the days and nights Mom gave to her.

...just saying...I am asking you to look not at age but the contribution you can and do make.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"Sure my Mom is retired...but she has 2 years past worked with a past student of her's helping that student on her successful completion of a Doctorate. As fact, that student at my 92 year old Aunt's funeral claimed me as brother as she claimed she would not have been successful if it were not for the days and nights Mom gave to her."

Read what you just wrote.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Made sense to me Sass,whats wrong with it?my arguement against portias pnp is that even if she is good the nation needs a fresher younger and hungrier direction and perspective to take us in the future,the pnp and jlp has it in them to produce such leaders,why dont they voluntarily do so instead of bowing to embarrasing pressure?
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

the case he used to make is point is not a good one. God bless his mom but she knew when to retire and use her time to 'ADVICE" or tutor.

What many are saying is Portia should retire as well and use her time to "advise" others.

Certainly that is not the point Karl is trying to make therefore it only weaken his argument.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What age have to do wit this? I am sure she was still a dunce in her teens, 20's, 30's, 40's & 50's...

Comment

Karl made a good point , he believes in the wisdom of Portia to lead and age is not a factor in his determination.

My grandmother retiring has nothing to do with not having the mental capacity to lead or teach but probably health related issues.Nothing is wrong with the mental more the physical.

I disagree with Karls point about portia ability to lead and age is not a factor.
                        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I have said it 100 times. Not saying it any more.

Sorry if you missed it. Maybe Lazie can fill you in?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And I'm sure (well, not too sure!) that Bruce was a smart man at 20, 30 and 40, maybe even up to now. And look what that brought us!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It takes a lot than just mental capacity to lead. There is a lot that goes in with leadership. The burn out factor, The fact that leadership can become stale no matter what a good leader you were, The physical ability to loose sleep and be at every function that the job demand, and your ability to grasp new concepts and adopt to changes within the environment.

Maybe Karl can also argue Seaga is primed for leadership too, as he maybe much wiser now than 20 years ago. "Nothing is wrong with the mental" you are quite correct and that is why we need them to "advise".

Comment

Working...
                              X