Christmas Polls Unlikely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Polls Unlikely

It now appears that a December date - the month in which most general elections have been called in Jamaica since 1944 - will elude Prime Minister Andrew Holness.

His recent undertaking that the upcoming general election would be called on the new voters' list seems to have ruled out December this year. Holness' announcement last week that the names of the 42,000 additional persons to be placed on the voters' list should silence the grumbling of the Opposition People's National Party.

Dr Peter Phillips, the campaign director, has been leading a protestation within the party that an election on the old voters' list would not be countenanced.

This means that Holness will have to wait five clear days after the list is made public before he can announce the election date. With the list scheduled to be released on November 30, under the law, the earliest date that he can call the election to include the newly enumerated would be December 6.

The prime minister would then have to announce nomination day for December 12 - five clear days after his announcement.

Under the law, another 16, and 23 days must elapse after nomination day to facilitate a general election.

http://www.gleaner-ja.com/gleaner/20...ews/news2.html

I hope this is right, for selfish reasons, as i want to be with family in Boston for Christmas
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Yu a go leave out good sorrel and Jamaican rum, warm weather and sea breezes for sleet, snow and slush? Ah boy....I see I cld fly Ja for US198 on Red Jet while CA say US$500+...have to get permission...from my daughter..

Comment

Sorrell sell every where now and you can take two bottles of rum duty free. I get good weather the other 51-52 weeks of the year but two weeks with mama...priceless...sleet or snow...
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

OK...yu going for Mama food....lol.

Comment

Hell yeah.....no pologies needah! Last year I packed on about 12 lbs in two weeks
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
            X