Ever get up...and a chune just won't leave your 'edd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever get up...and a chune just won't leave your 'edd

Here's the chune that's in my head all day.

NOTE: Only the folks with experience with the finer aspects of classical reggae music will appreciate this song.

If you can amplify this music, you will get an appreciation for the great talent ...especially in the percussions....

Oh..I dedicate this one to Historian, TDowl, Assasin and X!!

Here:

The Congos - The Wrong Thing - YouTube
    6 min - Jan 29, 2010
    Uploaded by GivethepowertoJah
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=COSNHGTuFC0
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Well, look like mi no fit de criteria....

Comment

Accept my sincerest apologies King Exile! Cudde'n kall all the name...but you know much respect due.

HL

Comment

listen to the harmony as well. The Congos is wicked.

Protools and 100 digital tracks can't make them harmonies deh.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Is that falsetto from the lead singer?

The best reggae is from the past.

HL

Comment

HL still have nuff quality. Every now and then I hear a song from a young bwoy mi have fi think why di DJ them now nuh play them song deh.

A good amount of quality reggae out deh nah get nuh play cause them a nuh badman and can't pay off nuh dj.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If you love that you'll love "Row Fisherman Row". Love the chorus: row fisherman row, lot's of hungry belly pickney deh a shore. Cedric Myton is the lead singer with that haunting voice.

Comment

That is a Classic by the Congos. LOVE it to the bone.

Comment

Thanks for this classic, real Rockers, this just came to my attention how group singing is out of vogue, no new group in the last 4 years or so.

Roydel Johnson is from Hanover.

Comment

Working...
                  X