Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time mi a talk bout these aggressive people in Ochi

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...business2.html
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I told you...the worst comment cards on NCL came when we docked in Jamaica...

Comment

Need to get buy-in for the whole Tourism package there. It appears there is a disjointed approach... Hoteliers vs. Cruiseliners vs. All-inclusives vs Taximan vs. Craft Market etc...
      Have to decide what is the product and how to market....

Comment

F*ck di taximan and the craft market...lock off Main St...make it foot traffic only...beat anyone who talks to a tourist with a billy club...tourists aren't interested in that carved sculpture bullshit...they want to buy Rolex & Diamonds at cheap prices from an air conditioned store...that is reality...

Comment

So the Tourism package is the the Indian Duty Free shops with fake Rolex, cubic zirconia and a/c. Ok then....

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
            So the Tourism package is the the Indian Duty Free shops with fake Rolex, cubic zirconia and a/c. Ok then....
            And Chukka Blue Tours, Mystic Mountain etc...that is what cruise ship types like...7 years I worked in the industry...Jamaica is back a time compared to Mexico, Cayman, Belize, Puerto Rico etc when it comes to marketing to cruise ship guests...

Comment

Perfect example...most of these locations have taxi stands where the taxis line up and the fares for all major attractions are posted on a board for all to see...in Jamaica taxi man a grab after you and waan overcharge yuh when him bring you back...

Comment

These are not exactly high end tourists on these cruises..they are not going to buy Rolexes at US$9k and up....what they come for is Jamaican herb...so have a Duty Free Weed A/C Mall..with legalized Weed Cafes - different types from St Ann, Negril, Clarendon etc...and hemp products that are legal...whe yu seh?

Comment

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. They are from middle America...but they do have the money to spend...they don't for the most part smoke weed unless it's spring break...trust me on this one...I had to sit down and read thousands of comment cards...

Comment

Part of the wider Jamaican problem of one-one-upmanship. Taxi-men worldwide know to rip off tourists....everywhere I go it happens...till you get the lay of the land and the real fares....
                    Yes, need to standardize the fares, train the operators and let them offer service for their tips....

Comment

Ok...joking about the weed part..although I think its a novel idea for Ochi if not for the whole of Jamaica...middle America or middle-class America?

Comment

Ok...check this out....

http://www.camden.rutgers.edu/~wood/...sianCruise.pdf

Comment

The days when the buses use to line up and wait for tourist is different from what is happening now. Here you have 3 or 4 driver meeting people at the gate who have no intention of taking their taxi and aggressively trying to pursue them. You go into the craft market and you are been hounded, even your kids.

It simply can't work so, others do it much better and we have to do a better job. Ripping off the tourist is different. JUTA price in my opinion is already a rip off.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

True..everything is a hustle.

Comment

And junk Bob Marley T-shirts and beads.

Comment

Working...
                              X