RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaicas' best music is from the past....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter Tosh was a much more accomplished musician than Bob Marley. What about the Barrett brothers who created the sound of the wailers?????
    Missing from the list is Augustus Pablo & Jackie Mittoo.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

everybody's have a choice. No Dennis Brown?

fact is we have a whole heep a talent.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mittoo's music is positive with a good vibe...like the Skatalites...foundation. Get the compilation cd 9Ram Jam - A tribute to Jamaica's Keyboard King JM with different keyboard players incl Ibbo Cooper from 3rd World, Harold Butler, Monty, Whylie and others.

Comment

Sample:

http://www.legalsounds.com/download-mp3/ibo-cooper/a-tribute-to-reggae's-keyboard-king-jackie-mittoo/ram-jam/song_2740369

Comment

Jackie Mitto very underated and disrepected as a muscian, I dont think he gets the credit he deserves.

Didnt really want to touch the list above , I thought it was a joke, No skatalittes & Mitto , none of the above would exist.

Joke ting dat....Harry Bellafonte a wi 1st sing over artist...Im sing over wi folk and calypso song and Buss im self.

Respect sah but as for creativity im caan mek my list.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Don't diss him too much...he has done us proud and also his political stance...heard him on Cain the other day...say the man 'devoid of intelligence'. Plus mi hear we is fambly.

Comment

I love his music....plus people who not even exposed to him..first time I play him, take notice...

Comment

thanks heard of C-sharp but not raging fire. Will take a listen later.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Imagine what Mozart would think about ska!

I was playing the piano before I went to high school. So, I think I understand a thing or two about B-flat and G-spot. I remember trying to compose chunes back then too, without much success.

But I struggle with how to define or measure "good music", even while telling Brickie that his stuff is crap!
                    Is pon piano yuh learn bout G-Spot?? Whaapen tuh di goodly Vono bed?

Yuh creative nuh ********!!
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yu no miss nutten?...I read the post and missed it...well nevva tink Mo know bout dem ting deh still....if it does exist..but I may be stand corrected.

Comment

He was the first to sell 1 million albums, suh mi hear it.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=x6JI80PhBdM#!
                          "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

what's up Mark? Long time nuh see the man.

Comment

I appreciate him , as a trail blazer in the political sphere and putting us on the map.

Maybe I was too harsh.
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

He is a great man with many accompishments but I would have to agree that he should not be on any "Best Jamaican musician" list.
                                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                                X