So Lazie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Lazie

The Minister of Education (not to mention PM) takes his sons out of the school system and decides to home school them, what is the message he is sending to us about the system he has been overseeing for a while now?
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    The Minister of Education (not to mention PM) takes his sons out of the school system and decides to home school them, what is the message he is sending to us about the system he has been overseeing for a while now?
    .... not cetain what the message is .... the numbers from the latest test results show an improvement. Which of the 2 is more important?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Why would he do that? Who's doing the home schooling? A vote of no-confidence certainly in the school system...

Comment

Socialization is the main reason why parents home school their kids. Even the best school system will not shield your kids from the influence of peers. This is a moot point.

Comment

whooaa, you forget who you talking to? I am not so bright being unlettered and all that so maybe you need to break it down a bit for me, which two you talking about
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Really now? So what are they going to do, build a shield around their boys so no untoward influence can get in and spoil them?

How bad did your peers hurt your upbringing and undo what your parents tried to do
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Socialization??? What aspects? I would think if you bring your child up properly then you could send them to even public school. What happens when they get bigger? Drink latte and hobnob? In fact, socialization is why you should send them to school...unless of course there are some other deep seated issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                Socialization??? What aspects? I would think if you bring your child up properly then you could send them to even public school. What happens when they get bigger? Drink latte and hobnob? In fact, socialization is why you should send them to school...unless of course there are some other deep seated issues.
                I am not getting into a long winded debate about this. He made a choice to home school his kids. He has every right to do so. Home schooling allows you to socialize your kids how you choose to. Choice. We all have that right. I can show you a long list of home schooled kids who turned out just fine. When Obama sent his kids to an exclusive Prep school were you up in arms about him dissing the school system?

Comment

They are going to socialize them how they please. It is their choice. You see anyone telling you how to grow your children?

Comment

This has nothing to do with how me or you or Lazie or Exile grow their children boss, cant you see that?

This is the same when an MP catch cold and them run to Walgreens instead of York Pharmacy.

Can you see the message sent?
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Bit dont you think given the options Holness and his wife has they could have sent their kids to exclusive prep schools too
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Yes they could, so that suggests that its not about the exclusivity or lack thereof of the available schools why they decided to home school.

I am not a fan of home schooling in general but there are situations where it does make sense. I am not going to make a judgement on the mans personal decision without knowing the specifics of his families situation.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I agree. What Obama have to do with this anyway??? Do't see the similarity.

Comment

If it was Assassin responding he would tell you what Portia would do
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

There's no spinning or ducking out of this one. The PM has made a bad move - opting not just for pvt school but home-schooling taking his kids out of the whole school system and he is the Minister of Education!!!!

How could this boil down to personal choice? Isn't he the # 1 Public figure (apart from Mavado and Kartel).

Some explanation needed here. Don't expect it from this forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X