Transparent As Tar And Mud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent As Tar And Mud

If you want to get your estranged lover to return to you, the best thing to do is to keep secrets from her and refuse to answer the questions she was bugging you about before she left you. Obviously, Portia Simpson Miller has the same set of advisers who told her when to call the election and how to answer in the now-infamous quote, "Ask the PNP."
    I might have been speaking Dutch when in 2006 to 2007, I, along with other the sensible social commentators, pleaded with the People's National Party (PNP) to simply tell us the truth about its dealings with Netherlands-based oil-lifting company, Trafigura Beheer. However inappropriately the information was procured by the prophet Eli, it came to our attention, and a public, those uncommitted 20-plus per cent of voters who are neither Labourites nor Comrades wanted answers.

absolute truth needed

The same set of Jamaicans felt that despite the surreptitious agreement between the USA and the former minister of national security, and the so-called illegal wiretaps in the Manatt saga, three years later, the absolute truth needed to be revealed. In 2006-2007, this same son of Ivy warned my friends in the PNP, both privately and in conversations hidden in full view in this newspaper and on air, that the evasive behaviour and lack of transparency could cost them the election. It is not my intention to present myself as a prophet, but it was their loss.

Now, four years after then leader of Opposition, Bruce Golding, dropped the Trafigura bomb on us without warning, the principals of the party are fighting in the Supreme Court with the senior deputy director of public prosecutions (DPP) to enforce their constitutional right to silence. And they dare talk about transparency!

More ironic is that the lawyers for the PNP's 'bigwig' are the same dynamic duo - 'Sheriff' K.D. Knight and former Labourite Patrick Atkinson, who battled with the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) officers in the Manatt enquiry, and who lamented their aversion to telling the truth. And neither of them was pleased as Harold Brady, a lawyer himself, and the man who could have answered all the questions, maintained as much silence as the PNP president did on the Trafigura matter.

(continue)

aah bwoy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      aah bwoy!

Oh girl
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
      X