Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy D, dead at age 44

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/08/heavy-d-dead/
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

No more please...so sorry to hear...I liked his style, the fact he wsn't ashamed of his roots, his Jamaicaness....I liked his remake of
    "Now we've found love" but loved his duet with Supercat "Dem no worry we".Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ad8h...yer_embedded#!

Comment

Humble guy...tried his best to hail up everyman...R.I.P neva leff im music(reggae)....BRONX man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ad8hFtZfHw
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I like Heavy D.

Rappers like, Cool Moe D, KRS One, Tone Loc, that rapper that does the song...' girl, you got what i need...and she says she's just a friend..."(something like that), Young MC , Big Daddy Cane are in the same category as Heavy D.

RIP:
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Heavy D,Frankie P & Super Cat :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuzrY...feature=fvwrel

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

RIP Heavy. I pray strenght for his family. His parents lived in Rockland County on the same road as my cousin and I would say hi to them once in a while.

Heavy was the one who started the Mount Vernon revolution in the music biz that gave rise to so many artists from that era.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

you talking bout Bizmarke who was primarily a DJ.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Didn't I just watch a movie with him in it about 3 days ago? Wasn't he in Tower Heist?!?

Sad to hear! RIP! You were proud of your country and reminded Americans that rap is ours!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Fi reel...im put Money Earnin' Mount Vernon pon di map

RIP Big Man
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Bronx Man? Mount Vernon's finest!

Let's not fight, but the man represented Mt. Vernon proudly!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tanks! And X a talk bout Bronx man!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

a him pave the way for Jodeci, Mary J Blige, Puff Daddy, Uptown Records, Jeff Redd just to name a few.

Sad that he had to sell him Mount Vernon home after they sue him and Puff Daddy for the show at city college that had the stampede.

Comment

wat dat have to do with his hometown?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mount Vernon I call dat di top a di Bronx? Whey yuh put westchesta ?

Comment

Heavy was the one who bring prominence to Mount Vernon and these players all came through the Heavy's mentorship and use to hang out with Heavy. Heavy directly influenced their careers and many either lived in Mount Vernon or use to hang out there at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X