Cain Vows To "Set The Record Straight"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cain Vows To "Set The Record Straight"

ATLANTA (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain is vowing to "set the record straight" at a news conference one day after a fourth woman — and the first to reveal her identity — accused him of inappropriate sexual behavior a decade ago, the latest in a string of claims that have rocked his presidential campaign.

"There is not an ounce of truth to all these allegations" and the graphic account from Sharon Bialek is "totally fabricated," the Georgia businessman told late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel.

Bialek stood by her accusation when asked about it Tuesday morning in the wake of Cain's denial, saying in a nationally broadcast interview that she had "nothing to gain" by coming forward. She said "it's not about me. I'm not running for president."

Cain planned to address the latest furor in more detail Tuesday afternoon in Phoenix as he seeks to stem the fallout of a controversy stretching into its second week.

"I'm going to talk about it," Cain said, adding "we are taking this head on" — a reversal from just days ago when told reporters he was done answering questions about the matter.

That was before Bialek went on national television Monday and provided a name and a face to what had, until then, been at least three anonymous sexual harassment allegations against Cain. Bialek's accusations — that Cain groped her in a car after she asked for his help finding a job — spun his unorthodox campaign into an uncertain new territory.

cont.... @ http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=33047

Koch - Cain:

Just Say No !

Comment

Sharon Bialek: Herman Cain reached his hand up my skirt (

A fourth woman, Sharon Bialek, came forward Monday and accused Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain of sexual harassment. She accused him of reaching his hand up her skirt and trying to touch her.

Bialek spoke at a press conference Monday afternoon in New York alongside her lawyer, Gloria Allred.

During the conference she said the sexual harassment happened while Cain was the head of the National Restaurant Association. Bialek had been employed by the association's education foundation, and when she lost her job, she sought help from Cain, Politico reports.

More from GlobalPost: Herman Cain accusers: Details emerge (VIDEO)

Bialek said she met Cain at a bar at the Capital Hilton in Washington, DC, in 1997. He offered to help her find a job, but as they later sat in a car, he allegedly shocked her by putting his hand under her skirt and trying to touch her.

He suddenly reached over and put his hand on my leg, under my skirt and reached for my genitals," she said, as reported by USA Today.

He then allegedly grabbed Bialek's head and "brought it towards his crotch."

She said she said to him, "What are you doing?"

He responded by asking if she definitely wanted a job.

The Huffington Post reported that Cain's campaign immediately denied the accusations and called the claims, "false."

Earlier, Bialek's lawyer, Allred, told the press conference, "It is time to hold politicians to a higher standard. We need to know the truth about those who are running for office."

"Enough is enough. We have to fight back," she said.

In the past week, reports have surfaced of three other women accusing Cain of sexually harassing them when he was the head of the association.

Cain has denied the accusations and spent the weekend attempting to move past the claims and refocus his campaign according to his agenda.

"We’re getting back on message, end of story,” Cain said to reporters Saturday night, as reported by The New York Times.

When reporters tried to question him after a debate with Newt Gingrich, Cain said: “Don’t even go there."

Allred said Bialek is not filing a lawsuit or sexual harassment claim against Cain.

watch vid @ http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...sexual-harassm

Comment

this is ALL he seh/she seh! no witnesses no proof other than that. interested to hear what she did in the aftermath .... jump outta the car or asked "about that job, does it involve taking dictation?"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          this is ALL he seh/she seh! no witnesses no proof other than that. interested to hear what she did in the aftermath .... jump outta the car or asked "about that job, does it involve taking dictation?"
          MINE GAMMA BAN YUH enuh

Comment

yuh tink a droke!!? dat brute wi do it!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Mr. Cain, On A Percentage Basis...

Originally posted by Skeng D View Post
              MINE GAMMA BAN YUH enuh

"Mr. Cain, on a percentage basis, how much of the "dictation" was dick, and how much was tation?

Comment

good question

Comment

not to go off topic BUT........

An Australian woman who killed a man by pouring gasoline over him after she was told he had fondled her has been sentenced to seven years in jail.

Kerry McNiven pleaded guilty in August to manslaughter in the death of her friend Gary Stewart.

Victoria state Supreme Court Justice Lex Lasry said on Tuesday that several people witnessed Stewart touching McNiven's breasts when she was passed out at a party in the Victoria city of Wangaratta in 2009. McNiven was later told about the incident and poured gasoline over Stewart in retaliation.

Stewart caught fire and later died from his burns.

Lasry says it's unclear what ignited the fire. The judge says Stewart or someone nearby may have been smoking.

McNiven will be eligible for parole in two years.
                  http://abcnews.go.com/International/...4#.Trl1BUPRW14

Comment

Working...
                  X