Some popular sayiongs that make no sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some popular sayiongs that make no sense

Just a few that comes to my kind because of some thing i heard in church today and a post by the inimitable Jawge.

Jawge says some thing about easy as taking candy from ambaby..anyone ever tried taking candy from a baby who insist they are not giving it up? How easy is that?

There is another one about it being darkest just before dawn..well scientists says that is rubbish..they say the night is darkest around 2:00am

Here is one I came up with..why is it that a watched pot never boils...I tried it and the pot did boil. I think the proper saying should be, 'a watched pot never boils over.'

I am sure there are many more that posters here cam come up with as well
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

They mean that it SEEEEMS longer and interminable when you watching pot or enduring the night waiting for morning when you caan sleep!

Comment

sigh.....thanks oh great sage...you a half man half horse too?
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

"You can be anything you want to be, as long as you put your mind to it."

Can I begin to tell you the many things I have put my mind to? I get migraines from it, and all now!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tivoli Don? There's a vacancy now.

Comment

Smarty pants up top will tell you that what they mean is that if you work hard enough and dedicate yourself you can be whatever you want..including an NBA centre
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Then say that! And even that is not true!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

[quote=Mosiah;319047]"You can be anything you want to be, as long as you put your mind to it."

Can I begin to tell you the many things I have put my mind to? I get migraines from it, and all now!!![/quote]

I think we on this Forum know a whole heap of them
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Like for example......????
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

What I can say is that I tend to remember what I wrote...

Comment

I thought Smarty pants was the one who started this trite thread! LoL

Comment

Working...
                      X