• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Leader upholds Old Folly

Holness Stands With Bruce
    Published: Sunday | November 6, 201113 Comments
    Daraine Luton, Senior Staff Reporter

NEW PRIME Minister Andrew Holness has refused to separate himself from the decisions taken by the Bruce Golding-led government of which he was a member.

"I am a part of the JLP government. I have never sought to deny that," Holness said in an interview with The Sunday Gleaner at Jamaica House on Friday.

The prime minister was responding to criticisms from the Oppo-sition People's National Party (PNP) that he is also to be blamed for issues such as the increase in poverty and the engagement of United States law firm Manatt, Phelps & Phillips in the extradition saga involving confessed gangster Christopher 'Dudus' Coke.

"It is clearly the job of the PNP to discredit the job of the JLP government, but I am a member of the JLP government and there is collective responsibility which I can't shy away from," Holness said.

Pointing to economic achievements such as record low interest rates, exchange rate stability and low inflation, Holness said the PNP tried hard to achieve all three simultaneously, but failed.

correcting shortcomings

He said the Golding administration did "significant things which the PNP never had the guts to do in 18 years, delaying the inevitable".

"If we had done JDX 10 years ago, we would have been better off," the prime minister said.

"We cannot shy away from our achievement, neither can we shy away from our shortcomings ... . Whatever shortcomings there were in the previous administra-tion under Bruce Golding, this Government would have to recognise and make good and do the necessary corrections."

Opposition Leader Portia Simpson Miller has pointed to increasing poverty levels and joblessness as evidence of "a reckless government".

She said Holness represents a continuation of failed JLP policies. "It is the voice of Jacob and the hand of Esau," she said.

Full Hundred
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead7.html
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

At least he delcares his position from the get go.

Comment

...standing by JA's most effective leader in decades? Smart move.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Gwaan Lazie!! lol

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
          Gwaan Lazie!! lol
          Keeping it real bredren!!
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            Keeping it real bredren!!
            Reality wi seh!

Comment

I wouldnt say that , he acknowledges his partys so called achievments and shortcomings.

Be it may the shortcomings is Duduss/Mannat Gate instead of running and ducking like Bruce.

I applaud the man , the question is, what bodes for Jamaicas future.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

May i asked, other than the Dudus/Manatt issue, what else unuh have against Golding?

Comment

Isnt that enough for some people ?....I personally couldnt care less if he got a 2nd term , because of our moral hypocritical decadence , like I couldnt care less if Duddus sent a hit man to wipe him out like he did Duddus and the residences of TG.

My stand is the bottom aafi fall outta dis rotten bucket.The PNP should not be allowed to return to power because of a moral hypocritical technicality.

NO ! show me where you have changed !, Show me you want to do things radically different and in transparency.Campaign for the OCG to be given special prosecutorial powers, reform your constitution that it represents the people and not parties.

Its not that the JLP is any better , its just the principle.Our system of governance is stagnant some will argue morbid with no chance of growth, spiritually , economically , mentally and politically.

JEEP IS A JOKE TO ME , LIKE HOLNESS WALK TO TOWA HILL.....
                  wha change ?
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                    I wouldnt say that , he acknowledges his partys so called achievments and shortcomings.

Be it may the shortcomings is Duduss/Mannat Gate instead of running and ducking like Bruce.

I applaud the man , the question is, what bodes for Jamaicas future.
                    To get my applause the fellow would have to repudiate the craven and corrupt actions of the former regime which led to national deception, international disrepute, the protection of narco terrorists and the death of 73+ people.

If he wants to align himself with that via collective responsibility with his tribe...he too should be held accountable as Gelding was.

Comment

it took a week for x to say something sensible....

Comment

Me teacha, me!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

lol

Comment

Working...
                          X