No announcement yet.

Classism in JLP Portia attack reprises GOP racial coding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuck yuh bat under yuh armpit and get to stepping...

Comment

the fact that you are accusing people of classism and doing the very same thing.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        the fact that you are accusing people of classism and doing the very same thing.
        Guilty!!

Yep...juss like Blacks & their allies in the US have historically raged against the Racist Machine in that country by advocating for their own advancement...so should people who are aware of those disadvantaged by Jamaica's Neo-Plantation System rail against that backward Machine..that is my belief... Maybe you want to say that those who so advocate are themselves racist? Some do believe that

More than just talking we should be doing something about it...like promoting the spread of quality education as broadly as possible

People pick their battles... juss like one ah your bakkle dem is fi promote Bartlett

Now do you have a point to make?

Make it
        Last edited by Don1; November 6, 2011, 12:23 PM.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Somewhere in that may be something that makes sense

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I made my point. Great that you are contributing You can do all that without adding to the classism and names..
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

WHy do you ASSUME that they need "higher learning". Tertiary educuation is not the panacea to the ills in our society. It's about respect of your fellowman -regardless of perceived status, truthfulness, honesty...you know the deal......

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                I made my point. Great that you are contributing You can do all that without adding to the classism and names..
                I can choose to do whatever...I choose to say it as I see it...blunt & direct

Some are uncomfortable with that approach

They have my sympathy

Comment

So all we need to do is respect our fellow man and our economic problems will be solved? Yute...get real for a second...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                    Speak for yourself...the people who I associate with on a daily basis in Jamaica are not leggo beasts...if you want your prime minister to be indistinguishable from the lady you buy fish from then that is your cross to bear...don't force it on the rest of us...
                    ...do you read?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

apparantly..but his comprehension lebel is anedda matta

Comment

Sure can...calling out Portia for her "street" behaviour is in no way an attack on properly socialized Jamaicans...if the majority of Jamaicans have no behaviour, then I am calling them out too...is there a point you are trying to make...if so please attempt to make it instead of posing silly responses...

Comment

bhutto, such a lovely word,

uptown people love it yuh si a wondah who else use to love it.

Comment

think that is an oxymoron still, suh jus leave di whore dem outta dis

Comment

"properly socialized Jamaicans" hmmmm, Interesting point. Can you put it into context of aiding and abetting narco criminals/terrorists or this is also a trait of "properly socialized Jamaicans". Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                                Sure can...calling out Portia for her "street" behaviour is in no way an attack on properly socialized Jamaicans...if the majority of Jamaicans have no behaviour, then I am calling them out too...is there a point you are trying to make...if so please attempt to make it instead of posing silly responses...
                                Stop parroting the nonsense. ...from Bustamante, through Michael to Golding...the behaviour has not changed. ...or are you suggesting we dismiss your harping on Portia and assume you are calling out all our political leaders/politicians as exhibiting what you term as "street behaviour"?

Truth is each of our political leaders have at times engaged in acts they would...and we would...rather forget. ...but your consistent denigrating of Portia can only be explained by an assumption that there may be deeper rooted attached issues.
                                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                                X