Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunting: Western St. Thomas ashamed of MP

Daraine Luton and Debbie-Ann Wright, Gleaner Writers

The Opposition People’s National Party is calling for residents of Western St. Thomas to get rid of James Robertson as their Member of Parliament claiming he is unsuitable for the post.

At a mass meeting in front of Robertson’s constituency office in St. Thomas last night, PNP general secretary Peter Bunting claimed many residents of Western St. Thomas are ashamed of their MP.

The PNP noted that Robertson has been shrouded in too much controversy pointing to the revocation of his United States visa as well as criminal accusations implicating him in a murder conspiracy.

Robertson has denied being involved in any criminal activity, and the case has also failed to get off the ground.

But the PNP is claiming that the constituency has been scarred by Robertson’s representation and says it’s time to return the seat to the PNP.

MP for Eastern St. Thomas, Dr. Fenton Ferguson, says the PNP’s candidate Leonard Green means the constituency well.

He says he is confident he and Green can win both seats in St. Thomas and begin working together to develop the parish.

The mass meeting in Yallahs was the final stop of a bus tour across the parish yesterday.

The tour is aimed at ramping up support ahead of the next general election.

Last month the PNP bus tour went through sections of St. Catherine and Clarendon.

editorial@gleanerjm.com
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

First in a long while I hear Bunting said something that made sense.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Robertson will regain his seat.

Next!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Robertson will regain his seat.

Next!
        irrespective, he needs to step away until the allegations against him have been cleared up. I read where he is one of the Deputy Leaders of the party .... foolishness.

Comment

JLPNP don't have the decency or courage to kick some people to the curb.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why we only hear about the JLP members who should pack their bags and go?

Comment

ehhhh eeehhh.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

OH, Oh sounds like another hunt for the crocodiles, chainsaws and torture chambers in Jungle. Let's all hold our collective breath. Free James Robertson Mi say. Pathetic.

Comment

where would you see that? Let you football friend them tell you about the garrisons again.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                    irrespective, he needs to step away until the allegations against him have been cleared up. I read where he is one of the Deputy Leaders of the party .... foolishness.
                    Errr Lazie you are 100% correct. This also applies/applied to Kern Spencer and Hibbert. One thing about the One Don Robertson would have been an asterisk in Jamaican politics long time ago.

Comment

Bunting a look company pon di sidelines in 2012...

lol ! woiee !

Comment

why ?

One Don ah bad mind ?

Comment

A no my friend dem tell me bout the mysterious torture chambers in Jungle after the chambers in Tivoli which didn't exist were found. You no tired fi get slap-up man leave this alone and go back to Bartlett or something.

Comment

yuh start drink early pon di Friday doh...

lol !

Comment

Not necessarily badmind but he wouldnt stand for anyone bringing the type of mix-up that Robertson brings to a regime that carries his name as the leader. Once his usefullness had expired Robertson would have been cast aside. Bigger than him get drop down through the years for much less.

Comment

Working...
                              X