Beauty Queen comfortable unda di HouseHold Banner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauty Queen comfortable unda di HouseHold Banner

...mi wudda tek har ova Hay-Webster any day ah di week...an thrice pon Friday day

Hanna Declines JLP Call To Switch
    Published: Friday | November 4, 20110 Comments

Daraine Luton, Senior Staff Reporter

"COME HOME, Lisa, come home," beckoned Government Member of Parliament James Robertson to Opposition member Lisa Hanna.

Hanna, who had stood with her then husband David Panton in the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) affiliate Generation 2000, joined the People's National Party in 2007.

"I did not join the Jamaica Labour Party because I had a choice. My choice is the PNP," Hanna told reporters Tuesday at the Jamaica Conference Centre, the temporary seat of the nation's Parliament.

Hanna was installed as the PNP candidate for South East St Ann by PNP president Portia Simpson Miller in 2007 after constituents had told sitting MP Aloun Assamba she was no longer welcome there.

Hanna was eventually elected MP in the general election and has risen in the party to regional chair for Region One, which comprises constituencies in St Ann and Trelawny.

On Tuesday, Hanna watched from the Opposition benches as Sharon Hay Webster packed her belongings and crossed the floor. Hay Webster had resigned as a member of the PNP in June after the party insisted that her position in parliament was untenable as a result of her dual citizenship issue.

Not long after Hay Webster settled into her new seat, Robertson, the MP for West St Thomas and a JLP deputy leader, encouraged Hanna to follow her. But she flatly rejected the offer.

"I am not interested in joining the Jamaica Labour Party. My home is the PNP and I serve under the People's National Party," Hanna told journalists.

"I don't have principles of convenience that I switch anytime I feel that it is politically expedient. This is my home. If I am ready to leave the political process, I will leave under the banner of the People's National Party," Hanna said.

strayed from core values

When Hay Webster resigned from the PNP, she said the party had deviated from its core values. Tuesday, she was singing the same song.

"Politics evolves over time, but the kind of involvement and discussion and exchange of ideas, and respect for position, I don't believe that exist anymore," she said on Tuesday.

Asked whether she still believed in the values and philosophy of the PNP, Hay Webster said: "I subscribe to being a conscientious Jamaican, committed to give service to her country courageously and in a caring manner."

And as to the philosophies of the JLP, Hay Webster said, "I am just joining the Jamaica Labour Party, give me room to become comfortable, so that I can make any criticism. I am not in a position to do that at this point."

Meanwhile, Hanna said she was baffled as to factors which led her former Comrade to switch her allegiance.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

BQT wi seh!

Mek di hugly people dem gwaan cross it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      BQT wi seh!

Mek di hugly people dem gwaan cross it!
      lol
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

The "problem" is Portia.

Maxine gone, Aloun gone, SHW gone...It seems like Portia and demm nuh gree, while LH was taken under PSM's wing as a protected "grasshopper".

Seaga style, not everyone aggo like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
          ...mi wudda tek har ova Hay-Webster any day ah di week...an thrice pon Friday day

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
            The "problem" is Portia.

Maxine gone, Aloun gone, SHW gone...It seems like Portia and demm nuh gree, while LH was taken under PSM's wing as a protected "grasshopper".

Seaga style, not everyone aggo like it.
            why them replace the doctor man and put SENATOR Dwight Nelson at the South East St Andrew constituency?

Andrew OLDness doing the same old same old too

Comment

D K DUNCAN DAUGHTER FI JOIN HER HUSBAND AND FATHER AND ENTER POLITICS

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post

"COME HOME, Lisa, come home," beckoned Government Member of Parliament James Robertson to Opposition member Lisa Hanna.

which home JAMES a talk bout?

PRISON

dwl

Comment

Husband?????
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                    Husband?????
                    Mother of the groom, Girzel Waite (left), assists the couple in the popular candle-lighting ceremony at their wedding.-photo by Nathaniel Stewart/Freelance Photographer

WESTERN BUREAU:

He knew from the first day they met she would be his bride. She knew he was hers two days after meeting him.

The historic meeting took place on the set of a television programme and seven hours later he phoned his mom saying, "I found the woman I am going to marry."

And on Saturday, January 13, Grace Imani Duncan and Basil Llewelyn M'Wallimu Waite did just that, while they made redundant the words 'I, my or me', replacing them with 'we, ours and us' as they exchanged vows in a magnificently beautiful wedding ceremony at the University Chapel, Mona.

Dazzling her guests with her flawless beauty, the former Miss Jamaica World arrived at the church in a stretch limousine in an ivory lace mermaid strapless gown, perfected by a sheer back and side panels. The dress was complemented with Swarovski crystals which accented the diamond design on the sheer lacy side panels.

On the arms of her proud and unorthodox father, Dr. D.K. Duncan, she moved unhurriedly towards the soulmate she had committed her life to. Her mother, Grace Duncan, put the final touch to the untraditional bouquet presentation that the bride collected from 17 children representing the next generation of both families.

Waite, a 'Chancellorite'-'Harvardite', did a recent stint at the World Bank and is currently a management consultant with McKinsey and Company. One of the island's bright minds, he too made parents Basil and Girzel Waite very proud.

In a ceremony officiated by Rev'ds. Jeffrey McKenzie, Dr. Vincent Fletcher, accompanied by pianist Dr. Carol Ball-Thompson, violinist Paulette Bellamy and soprano Velia Espeut, Imani and Basil Waite placed their joys, sorrows, fears, aspirations and future into the hands of the Lord.

The reception

Tucked away in the hills of St. Andrew and lending a spectacular view of the city of Kingston, the newly-weds held their reception at the fabulous Far Away.

On arrival, guests were treated to simply-styled shawls with lovebirds Basil and Imani imprinted on the inside.

A decorator's dream, the couple chose hues of orange, red and brown, copper and bronze as their colour scheme, giving a very relaxed and informal setting. No head table, just a colourful cake and two well-appointed chairs.

A lounge area, an exceptionally glittering mango tree with bamboo floodlights, and innovatively done food stations with the interest of the children in mind, were some of the pleasant touches.

The bride's mother, Grace Duncan, headed the impressive guest list that also included: P.J. Patterson, Sir Howard Cooke, Dr. Omar and Rose Davies, Dr. Peter and Sandra Phillips, Donald and Dorothy Buchanan, Karl and Sylvia Blythe, Phillip Paulwell, Beverley Anderson Manley, Donna Duncan Scott and husband Alwyn, Patricia and Wayne Sutherland, Wendy and Keith Duncan, David and Heather Duncan, Prince Neto, Marsha, Nevadah, Mugabe, Chadee and Gareth Waite, Faith Thomas, Zein and Chris Nakash, Donna Hope, Heather Robinson, Kathryn Stewart, Gina Shoucair, Selwin George, Linden Morrison, from Switzerland, and Miriti Murungi from Kenya.

Comment

Better you say she must join her "bredrin" Bunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                        Better you say she must join her "bredrin" Bunting.
                        lol

Comment

Is the elephant in JLP room Roberson... will they have the guts to tell him to resign.. quit..

Comment

Why? If he is guilty of drug dealing that will take care of itself...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                              Why? If he is guilty of drug dealing that will take care of itself...
                              OJ is right .... he needs to be removed ASAP.
                              Last edited by Lazie; November 4, 2011, 10:46 AM.
                              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                              X