Holness Tried to Box Presiding Officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holness Tried to Box Presiding Officer

ALLEGATIONS of open voting attempts by the Jamaica Labour Party's Andrew Holness to intimidate electoral officials and various other irregularities were brought before the Election Court. On Wednesday the court also
    noted that the allegations were serious and Holness did not file an affidavit in relation to those allegations.

Dudley Thompson, QC, who represented Dr. Warren Blake, the People's National Party candidate, said the affidavits filed in court have not been denied. He said there were criminal elements and asked that the files be sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).Mr. Thompson said he hoped the DPP will demonstrate that such things "will not be put up with in the future". He asked the court to make pronouncements that "this sort of atmosphere "which existed in the constituency on election day, December 18 last year, will not be tolerated. He also asked the court to make a ruling as to whether a person can vote openly. He said there was an obligation to the general public to see to it that the secrecy of ballots was preserved. An affidavit was given that Holness and supporters went to polling division 72 at 11.30 a.m.

On electionday, and said that the polling division should have been at a different location. The presiding officer said they wanted to take the ballot box to St. Stephens' School. The presiding officer said in her affidavit, Holness attempted to 'box' her. She said soldiers intervened saying that the' box should not be removed. The affidavit disclosed that in PD 72 a total of 338 votes were cast for Dr. Blake, 7 votes for Holness and 1 for Steve Daley, the National Democratic Movement candidate at the preliminary count On December 22 at the final count, the box was empty. The presiding officer then expressed shock that the ballots were missing. Attorney-at-law Ruby Walcott submitted that the affidavits presented before the court, were not credible because they were taken from presiding officers and poll clerks who were employed to the Electoral Office. She submitted there were no affidavits from electors in the constituency and that irregularities outlined could apply to every constituency. The irregularities outlined were not sufficient to substantiate distortion of the electoral process, she said.

- Rudolph Brown
    March 6, 1998

http://jamaicagotsoul2.blogspot.com/view/classic

dudley thompson?!!! i thought he was retired and living in fla ....?!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Give Andrew a bligh at that time he was more of the One Don's protege than he is now.

Comment

->1998<-

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        dudley thompson?!!! i thought he was retired and living in fla ....?!!!

Comment

So, he is the new and improved Andrew?

This is getting from bad to worse. I am so disappointed in my former drinking partner.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Over 13 years ago...youthful exuberance....26 years old? Start de politrix early...

Comment

Maybe him did under two watas. It was election day after all. He deserves a pass on this one. Who would be left if every politician was disqualified by alms house perpetuated on election day. If it wasn't for Portia all now Eddie still a try get the curry out of his hair as he was about to be pelted on election day.

Comment

True, I will excuse him on this one. What's a box amongst friends anyway? Aks Desmondt!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

At least Desmondt have house and land fi show fi it. Any Guy run over my toe have fi pay mi before him resign. A just so de ting set.

Comment

Can't support you on the election day pass for almshouse...could be a thin line between life and death....especiallly when things escalate...Politicians set the tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                      At least Desmondt have house and land fi show fi it. Any Guy run over my toe have fi pay mi before him resign. A just so de ting set.
                      LOL!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                        At least Desmond have house and land fi show fi it. Any Guy run over my toe have fi pay mi before him resign. A just so de ting set.
                        ...woiie mi Belly!...
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

lol ! woiiee !

man ah get pass or fail over allegations from 1998..

"labourite fi dead..."

lol !

Comment

Working...
                          X