I tell you how Jamaica can wipe its debt clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tell you how Jamaica can wipe its debt clean

Get a trade mission to Brazil, India , S.Africa & China ,Russia .The Bric nations tell them that you will lease your Ports , Airports ,and projected ports(clarendome) and Airports for development for 50 years , if they can wipe out your debt and give us $2 billion us .Sell the point that our port is a central route to the americas and Europe , Also S. America.But they have to employ 95 % of its workforce from management to day laborers , must be Jamaicans.Stipulate that any goods exported from jamaica is duty/tax free and free if going to the lease country.

If they say they want a 100 , tell them yes but 98 % of the workforce have to be Jamaican.

Sell it to the Jamaican people as necessary and throw in the cavet of constituitional reform, abolishing the parlimentarian and Judicial system that is full of nepotism.

Tell di IMF go screw demselves.One a dem must bite ...Bric mi say.
    Last edited by Sir X; October 22, 2011, 12:18 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

hasn't china done that in JA to much criticism?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

wi gwine tek di tings tuh wi grave..

Black man nuh innah di sellout ting.

Leave dat to Hingland and Merica..

Our greatest assets are what wi can dig out of di ground or what mek a block and steel.. or wheh fly innah di sky..

:-)

Comment

I think our problem is how we sell it to John Public , i would fight any sell out in our west minister system.We have no system of accountability.

Our greatest selling point is our air and sea ports ,situated in a central area that can service the world .S,Central,N.america ,Europe , Africa .

Its a revolutionary ,selling point.The best and quickest way to reduce the debt along with legalisation of ganja.I would go with a wholesale release of the ports to a nation rather than a multinational.

Certain things have to be included in it like respect for our ecosystem and wildflife within international laws ,pollution ,employment oppourtunities , development etc,we have to move quickly before Cuba opens up.

Constitutional reform has to be a big part of that sale so the people can feel a part of this progress.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Didn't we tell them fi screw themselves in 1995? What happen. You think if them never around when Brazil needed them, Brazil would be in this position today?

We can blame the IMF all we want but as long as we have ineffective leaders it nuh matter if a IMF, World Bank, China, USA, we will always have a so called "Backra" and somebody else to blame.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

50 may not be so bad...and it would be nothing more than a lease - a hell of a lot better than an outright sale!

Wah yuh a seh?
            We still own the assets and rake in funds year over year?

Hell of a better way to managing the country's assets!!!!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

China told the world to screw them selves for 50 years , Cuba is doing it now , Russia also did it for 50 years ,India too, & Brazil and S.Africa Time to wake up.

Ineffective leaders have alot to do with ineffective voters , our system is a democratic dictatorship desinged to serve a party and not the people , BRUCE & the PNP have proven this and it continues to be proven.

The thing that I liked most in Jamaica when I returned was hearing the people say they are tired of the parlimentarian system, tribalist and all, our Arab spring is coming.

Hopefully soon .

Comment

Cant loose its a lease and when it expires and we are on our way to 1st world we have the option of renewing it on better terms or trying to run it ourselves.

Jamaica cannot compete in the globalised world with our parlimentarian system.It is slow and cumbersome to business growth.

Comment

North Korea also tell IMF to screw themselves and many other countries too. You nah talk bout them.

Where is Cuba? Last year they laid off 1 million government worker but that seems to be missing from your argument. China will tell you that Western Investment dollars was what started and still helping to fuel their current economy. I guess you nuh read that anywhere, all China investment you would think came from the state base on your argument. what is the biggest industry in India?

Do you think rising cost, rising labour cost and rising dollar and high interest rate that you advocate will continue their economic growth?l You need to talk bout China trying to fight inflation which is a threat to their economy and how these countries including Brazil and others trying to fight high labour cost, inflation and US dollar devaluation in order to remain retain their high growth rate.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I know you are trying to make a point , what is it ?

Comment

there is a famous picture from the 60s of Eddie looking at a model of the Kingston Waterfront.. showing his vision..

We choose 'JAMAL' instead.. stop wasting your time...

Comment

who sells their ports ?

yuh have sense ?

Comment

that it is good economic leadership and understanding will get you out problem and nothing else. This is what China, Brazil and India have in common. Not much else.

Comment

So what are you saying it cannot be achieved unless Eddie takes the reigns again of the JLP ? or are you saying Eddie blew the chance in the 80s ?

Why dont you get on board and advocate change to a system that strangles your nation growth with party tribalism and advocate and embrace one that demnads perpetual renewal.

Term limits , seperation of powers, The judiciary from government.MPs residing in thier constituency.

Waste of time , maybe yuh right.

Comment

yuh ah joke..

Mama 'P' will save us.. Mama !

Joshua 'saved' us in the 70s.. Mama 'P' turn !

Comment

Working...
                              X