UDC boss suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UDC boss suspended

Urban Development Commission (UDC) chairman, Wayne Chen, confirmed that the agency’s general manager, Joy Douglas, has been suspended.

Meanwhile, the Opposition has called for the dismissals of the board and management of the UDC.

Opposition spokesperson, Natalie Neita Headley, has charged that the board and management of the UDC have not been responsible stewards of Jamaica’s assets.

The call for the dismissals comes amid concerns about the recent sale of state-owned property in particular one located at 35 West Parade in downtown Kingston to Bashco Limited.

Up to last night the board of the UDC was reportedly locked in a meeting to decide the fate of the agency’s general manager, Joy Douglas.

Douglas has reportedly hired a legal team to defend her.

According to a source close to the situation, Douglas informed the board it has no basis on which to dismiss her.

The source said Douglas is of the view she did nothing wrong as Bashco’s proposal to buy the building was in keeping with the agency’s plans for the site.

The plans from Bascho would also save the agency money as it would avert the need to widen the road as the UDC had previously planned, according to the source.

The UDC board said it will take steps to end the sale agreement and have the property advertised.

However, the purchaser, Bashco Limited, disclosed that it has hired a legal team to protect its $31.4 million interest in the property.

editorial@gleanerjm.com

Dem need to send her home, incompetent. Bout hire legal team.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Talk about legal team, yuh hear anything about the cadre of foreign lawyers working on James Robertson's visa issues with the USA?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mannatt???
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Is dem? Might as cheap! Is who paying dem, Robertson or di JLP? Or the GOJ?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Is dem? Might as cheap! Is who paying dem, Robertson or di JLP? Or the GOJ?
            Could all be One Forumite

Birds of a Fedda... Fedda dem Nest Tuhgeddah
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
              Mannatt???
              I copyrighted that. Talk to me before you repeat it. As a you it's ok this time but if I see iti n the Observer I will contact my Canadian legal team.

Comment

lol
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Wait,

Mi figget seh yuh ah Cyuanadian!

Comment

LOL! Yah eediat!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                    X