Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DayWalker bats for Early Juggling

Former Prime Minister joins calls for an early election

Former Prime Minister Edward Seaga has joined political analysts who have recommended that Prime Minister designate, Andrew Holness call an early general election.

Mr. Holness is to be sworn in as the country's ninth Prime Minister on Sunday.

Speaking via telephone on TVJ's Smile Jamaica on Thursday morning, Mr. Seaga said the Prime Minister designate is in an understandably tough spot, as he will have to settle quickly into his new role and consider a date for the election.

He further advised that an early date would be a wise decision.

“I am still feeling my way as to what are the best options and the best option is early but there may be other reasons why he wouldn’t want to go early,” Mr. Seaga said.

Mr. Seaga added that the ongoing discussions with the International Monetary Fund could hinder a long campaign.

“It’s a big obstacle and we don’t want to have to go through a big obstacle in the build up of a campaign of an election. There is some time that can be bought that can give him room for a campaign if he wants an early election but it’s not a question of a fixed position, there is room for some discussion I would think,” he said.

In the meantime, Mr. Seaga says Mr. Holness should not accept the West Kingston constituency should Prime Minister Bruce Golding choose to vacate the seat when he officially leaves office.

This has been the practise in previous leadership transitions within the Jamaica Labour Party where the seat is handed over to the new leader.

But the former West Kingston MP is of the view that Mr. Holness should remain in his West Central St. Andrew constituency.

“It takes somebody who knows West Kingston to handle West Kingston, I told Golding that,” Mr. Seaga said.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

It is alleged that people have been told to prepare for mid December. However, since as usual Jamaican people leak everything, them might have to change their planned date.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
      It is alleged that people have been told to prepare for mid December. However, since as usual Jamaican people leak everything, them might have to change their planned date.
      drip drip
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
      X