X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico fires nearly 1,000 police in Gulf state

Mexico fires nearly 1,000 police in Gulf state
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011

VERACRUZ, Mexico (AP) — Nearly 1,000 police officers were fired to weed out corruption from the violence-ravaged Gulf coast state of Veracruz, Mexican authorities said yesterday.

Veracruz police chief Arturo Bermudez said 980 state agents have been dismissed in the past couple of weeks after failing lie detector and other tests. Only 27 per cent in the 6,000-member force have taken the tests.

Yesterday’s announcement comes four days after Mexican President Felipe Calderon said Veracruz state had been turned over to the brutal Zetas drug cartel.

The state has seen a rise in drug crimes since mid-2011. Sixty-seven people have died in two recent mass killings apparently linked to the Sinaloa cartel targeting the Zetas cartel. Calderon has deployed troops and federal police to Veracruz.

Earlier yesterday, Mexican federal police said they detained the leader of a drug gang locked in a bloody battle for control of the Pacific resort city of Acapulco.

Christian Arturo Hernandez Tarin was detained in the central state of Mexico, the Public Safety Department said in a statement. Police said Tarin led a gang known as "the street sweeper”.

Hernandez's gang has been fighting against the local Independent Cartel of Acapulco for control of the coast city since the 2010 arrest of suspected Texas-born drug capo Edgar Valdez Villareal, known as "La Barbie”.

The department said both groups broke away from Valdez's organisation because they didn't like the group's new leader, sparking a wave of violence that has terrorised people in Acapulco.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...#ixzz1bG5kix9r

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Where is Hero Peter when yuh need him?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

wonder what line of work these corrupt cops will find .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I was wondering the same thing! but what really is the option? i say fire dem **********! and have them on surveillance for the rest of their lives!

easy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Send dem JA...

Comment

Think I posted where I had to pay about $60.00 bribe to cops who pulled me over in Mexico....
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
            X