Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Music Lovers, check dis out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjjQW...eature=related

(Historian, nuh bodda listen. Mi a beg yuh. Politely tek whey yuhself. Tanks!)

Bet unnu cyaan guess whey mi 'ear dis first!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

how de ******** wi fi guess weh yuh hear it first... dancehall look like it only acceptable to some jamaicans when white people embrace it and tek it ova...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

I know, how are you going to guess? Suffice it say I did not hear it in Jamaica or in the USA.

I pity Historian sometimes. Imagine having only Coltrane and Sarah Vaughan on your iPod!

Lighten up! Dis Brittney Spears tun up! Tun up di volume too for a better listening experience!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzU9O...feature=relmfu

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tun up the volume and disturb your neighbor
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

me...me...teacha!!!!! Can I guess????? Yuh hear it inna di go-go club inna Port of Spain, don't?
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

A Minor (lol) Clarification

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
            how de ******** wi fi guess weh yuh hear it first... dancehall look like it only acceptable to some jamaicans when white people embrace it and tek it ova...
            Baddaz, to be fair to you, your post said “some Jamaicans,” so despite my use of your quote here, what I’m going to say is by no means aimed at you . I am using your quote merely because it is relevant to what I’m going to say. Stated another way, my comment below should be seen as simply a general one that is aimed at readers who are uncertain about where Historian stands.

On more than one occasion, posters have suggested that once the genre or artist I’m criticizing gets international acclaim, that I will then change my views. Those posters are very much mistaken, of course, because the personal views I have expressed on this forum have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with record sales or public acceptance!!

The fact is that I am actually a musician (I have also taught music at various times in the past), and so my comments on artists and styles are based on “raw” personal music criteria only. To be specific, my critical comments are grounded in what I see are glaring shortcomings as far as the elements of harmony (in particular) and melody are concerned. As for the written word (lyrics), I will not go there at this time!

Rhythm has never ever been a problem in dancehall, because Jamaican popular music in its various forms (mento, ska, rocksteady, reggae, dancehall) are among the most danceable, most catchy and most attractive music forms as far as the element of rhythm is concerned. A simple check of our history will prove this!

So, even if a particular recording achieves diamond status by selling in excess of ten million units, that fact will have no influence whatsoever on me!!

I just wanted to make this clear to my detractors.

Comment

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
              X