Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPS Head Quits

JPS Head Quits

Damian Obiglio has resigned as president and CEO of the Jamaica Public Service Company (JPS).
    A release from the company yesterday said Obiglio, who has been at the helm of JPS for more than five years, indicated that he had opted not to renew his contract, which came to an end earlier this year. He will demit office as of November 11.

The JPS said Obiglio was departing for personal reasons.

Efforts to contact Energy Minister Clive Mullings proved futile.

Phillip Paulwell, opposition spokesman on energy, said Obiglio's replacement should be prepared to discuss the breaking of the JPS's monopoly on the distribution of electricity, as well as the contentious back-billing policy.

"I believe that the JPS will have to reflect, especially in light of recent occurrence, and look at how it is going to improve customer relations and customer service," he said.

Paulwell wished Obiglio well.

"I have found him to be always forthright and frank in his views, even when we differ and I appreciated that in him."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ews/news1.html

I understand Mullings was in the Far East the other day meeting with various stakeholders in the company .... I wonder what those meetings were about?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well, I can tell you that Damian and the Koreans wasn't a match from day 1. The Japanese never like bad press and confrontation, while the Koreans nuh watch nuh face. Them also fight out the woman dem.

Comment

Working...
      X