No announcement yet.

The devil find work for idle hands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just trying to justify your clear bias.

Seaga would not have been fooled as he spent the last 5 year at WAR with the IMF in 1989. He got them to back down after protracted loggarheads with them. The USAID carrot is the type of samfie that play with many countries and a fresh Seaga could have been fooled too. By 1989, Seaga had the battle scars to smell a rat. Michael did not. When you see the docudrama ""Life & Debt", you will be MM being interviewd and how he has bitter about the tricks they pulled on him in the early 1990's. By then he had retired and ailing, but had figured out the samfie. Had he and Seaga not been such mortal 1970s enemies, all this could have been avoided with key colloaborations. Earth runnings.

I tell you one last time, you know not what you speak about. Your "facts" are incorrect.

Comment

BTW,

Its willi NOT willie!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        Hahahaaha.

You quoting Seaga now? In the same excerpt it says that the rate was stable thruout the 1980s and you telling me about black market rates of $30 to 1??? IT NEVER WENT ABOUT 8 to 1. I know cuase I was at skool in farrin and was keenly aware of the rate. Indeed, most of the fluctuating was in the early 1980s. From 1986 onwards it was rock solid.

Again, I say, go talk to people in the know. The catalyst for liberalization was the dangling carrot of USAID USD400m in debt forgiveness that largely NEVER materialized. Dem samfie wi. This talk of PSOJ delegation is fodder. Them didnt have no talk and could not force squat!

Unno a play DOMIGUESS. I lived this and worked in it...one of my counterparies is a key member of the Oppostion Shadow Cabinet, so PNP bigwigs know what a clock a strike.

my father handle lots of US $ in the 80s and 90s so me more fi believe him than you

about the BLACK MARKET RATES
        Last edited by Skeng DX; October 17, 2011, 07:18 AM.

Comment

You just trying to justify your clear bias.

Seaga would not have been fooled as he spent the last 5 year at WAR with the IMF in 1989. He got them to back down after protracted loggarheads with them. The USAID carrot is the type of samfie that play with many countries and a fresh Seaga could have been fooled too. By 1989, Seaga had the battle scars to smell a rat. Michael did not. When you see the docudrama ""Life & Debt", you will be MM being interviewd and how he has bitter about the tricks they pulled on him in the early 1990's. By then he had retired and ailing, but had figured out the samfie. Had he and Seaga not been such mortal 1970s enemies, all this could have been avoided with key colloaborations. Earth runnings.

I tell you one last time, you know not what you speak about. Your "facts" are incorrect.
          bias???

FOR THA LAST TIME ITS NOT ME!!!

U NUH C THE LINKS THEM MI POST?

ARGUE WITH IAN BOYNE AND ARNOLD BERTRAM

they said it NOT ME

btw - never know u this tribal

Comment

Blame???

But what authority did they have? Dem always mouthing off about something, but they had no real power.

What a cop out you coming with!

You WANT to believe nonsense, I see.

huh?

u dont know the POWER of the private sector in Jamaica

you dont know about the 100 million Seaga said they would give THE JLP if HE ALLOWED BRUCE GOLDING BACK in

WILLI U LIVE IN FANTASY LAND

THE PRIVATE SECTOR CONTROL THIS JLP ADMINISTRATION

Comment

Tribal??

Facts are tribal now?

Stop guess and spell. I LIVED this.

Comment

Like you feel they controlled MANLEY IN 1990?

STEEEUPSS.

They control NOTHING. They try to buy influence via campaign donations, but that is not CONTROL.

They cant force politicians to commit political suicide!

Comment

You know what University costs? You know how critical the time line is to pay bills?

Man stop talk foolishness. Utter nonsense yuh preaching bout black market rates was $30 to 1 in the 1980s. NUTTEN nuh go suh. It nuh reah that high till bout 1991. I used to trade cross border stocks and even that was at 10 to 1 Govt rates. Shortly after the black market raced over 30 to 1 and the Butch stewart move bring it back to 22 to 1 for a good while. Even in 1991, you could get dollars to buy in the banks for say 15 to 1 if you were lucky.

Simple math should tell you that at $5.50 to 1, $8 is a HUGE markup! You simply could not maintain $5.50 to 1 for a decade with black market rates over 30 to1. THINK about it.

Gwaan believe yuh Dad. You seem to think he is unbiased. Ah reality mi a deal with. Gwaan with yuh revisonism.

Comment

Manley was foolish per se. He trusted the wrong people. He intended to do well, but dem carry him wide and then he fell ill.

Comment

Arnold Bertram? That's like having the cat guard the canary...

Comment

Working...
                      X