Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We heard and saw things like this:

Comment

As a nation...ideally it should be Everyman Time..

...but since there is no ideal..

With a 95% Black population... 95% of the time should be Black Man Time

Equity dat.. Marcus mi seh
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Brown Man Time is a philosophy...not personal.. So is Black Man Time

Any complexion can advocate eida one. Di original Black Man Time was in the 1970s.... Promoted by a Red Man

Mi nuh know why unnu cyan si dat... It mussi complicated ar sintin

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Oh a philosophy...not personal...gotcha...

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead5.html

Comment

I suppose there's a point in that somewhere

Comment

@ Jawge - I guess nuff people did love the Yankee dollar. Even your great Joshua, after he left politics and became a Consultant to the Jamaican Govt. he requested that he be paid in U.S. Dollars, and that is the currency he was paid in.

So go figure....

There is so much good in all of them, and there is so much bad in all of them. I idolize none of them......................
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

What?

Yuh uh hear Lloyd B call Holness BROWN man. I nearly ded wid laff!

Comment

LIE

Comment

Nope In 1978, US $1.20 bout ONE Jamaican dollar! We had the stronger dollar from 1969 to 1978. Our dollar was really a half pound.

Comment

Yuh hear wrong! I see you are young and dont have first hand experience. Dont mek people fool yuh.

Manley was samfied by USAID, who promised a bag ah money (in debt reduction) for liberalizing the FX regime (USD$400m), den when he did it the figure drop to $278m...not sure how much debt reduction we got in the end, but I figure we lucky if it $150m.

Local people did not have much say in the matter and Seaga was dead set against it, warning that we were not prepared (didnt stock pile enuff reserves). Seaga was not against a gradual liberalization but warned Manley he was being tricked. On this Seaga was right and Manley eventually saw the truth for himself and was not happy about it.

Comment

Centennial

when mi come on this website all mi see was" brown man time brown man time"\n\nall that was in my mind was people with the complexion of TAVARES-FINSON etc..\n\nnever know people like KD KNIGHT etc.. and so woulda mek unuh list
                        I clap eyes on a large number decent thigs about this are discussed at 216.119.88.230. I’m wondering if we’re able to look at your own site’s data – search volume, etc, as I will be attempting to get in touch with online sites I can get advertising through – tell me if we can speak in relation to costing and whatnot. Best wishes, you are carrying out a terrific job. In addition I am happy to suggest to visit this link: order discount Zoloft

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                          Yuh hear wrong! I see you are young and dont have first hand experience. Dont mek people fool yuh.

Manley was samfied by USAID, who promised a bag ah money (in debt reduction) for liberalizing the FX regime (USD$400m), den when he did it the figure drop to $278m...not sure how much debt reduction we got in the end, but I figure we lucky if it $150m.

Local people did not have much say in the matter and Seaga was dead set against it, warning that we were not prepared (didnt stock pile enuff reserves). Seaga was not against a gradual liberalization but warned Manley he was being tricked. On this Seaga was right and Manley eventually saw the truth for himself and was not happy about it.
                          The complex nature of the developmental process in Jamaica became even more pronounced as, within two years, the private sector became disenchanted with the authoritarianism of the new Prime Minister, Edward Seaga, and turned again to Michael Manley, who had used his years in opposition to rethink his economic policy and begin improving his relationship with the private sector, as well as the United States of America. In 1989 the PNP won a resounding victory and within a year, Manley took the critical step of building a new bridge with the private sector by deregulating and liberalising the Jamaican economy.

P.J. Patterson, who succeeded Manley, continued the economic programme and carried the relationship with the private sector to another level, and brokered a social partnership which brought the private sector, the Government and the labour unions together in a working alliance which brought inflation down to single-digit levels.

As the polls during the last general elections confirmed, a major defection of the private sector from the PNP to the Jamaica Labor Party has taken place. The present focus of the PNP leadership on poverty alleviation, rather than wealth creation, neither offers an attractive vision of the future nor the means of eliminating poverty. For while economic expansion does not automatically lead to a reduction in poverty, an expanding economy is more likely to help eliminate the condition of poverty, than one which is stagnating or contracting.
                          In September 1991, I received information that a high-level delegation of business leaders from the leadership of the Private Sector Organisation of Jamaica (PSOJ) was going to Jamaica House to present their case to Prime Minister Manley. At that time, the House of Representatives was in session. I looked directly into the television camera filming the proceedings of Parliament for live broadcast. I spoke 'directly' to Manley, who was likely to be watching. I strongly urged him not to be misled by the appeal and spelt out what would be the consequences of removal of the regulations prematurely without backup by the BOJ.

But Manley ignored the danger of a flood of foreign exchange fleeing the system in the event of a premature decision. He was advised that this would not happen. He was prepared to court disaster by further aggravating the impact of a sharply deteriorating exchange rate.
                          it is documented WILLIE

@ http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...us/focus6.html AND MORE mi cyaa bada search

Comment

Originally posted by Skeng D View Post
                            it is documented WILLIE

@ http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...us/focus6.html AND MORE mi cyaa bada search
                            What...that Manley was a fool? Yes everyone can see that now...only the astute among us saw it then...

Comment

no WILLI was trying to say it was the Americans alone...........was showing him that the private sector was even more involve in the MELT down ........

they deserve just as much blame as the then Government

Comment

the same can be said about Bruce Golding LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X