No announcement yet.

The devil find work for idle hands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was Manley and The PNP who were responsible...yuh can bring up anancy stories all yuh want...you are telling me that AFTER being elected the PSOJ made Manley free up di ting? So what you are saying is that Manley had no principles and acted as the PSOJ's puppet to asure he and his party stayed in power? Seems Manley was a man with no principles...and not the sharpest tool in the shed either...

Comment

YUH RIGHT THE BUCK STOPS WITH HIM

the private sector became disenchanted with the authoritarianism of the new Prime Minister, Edward Seaga, and turned again to Michael Manley, IN THE 80s
      WHICH ANANCY STORY?

Comment

Anancy stories about CIA and secret meetings and the like...you say the PSOJ became disenchanted with Seaga and turned to Manley...correct...and then you say that they forced manley to do what they wanted...correct...so that would make Seaga a man of principle and Manley a greedy, power hungry fool...correct...

Comment

look at OBAMA OR BUSH.......

all around the world before you get elected you meet with certain groups who bring ideas to you...and maybe them seem solid at the time

but when you apply them...its a different story

Comment

Seaga knew what would happen...so Seaga was smarter than Manley...and Manley failed...right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              Anancy stories about CIA and secret meetings and the like...you say the PSOJ became disenchanted with Seaga and turned to Manley...correct...and then you say that they forced manley to do what they wanted...correct...so that would make Seaga a man of principle and Manley a greedy, power hungry fool...correct...
              anuh mi seh it

u nuh c the link them mi post http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...us/focus7.html

WHY IT SO HARD TO BELIEVE AN EX CIA AGENT?

Comment

So we are in agreement...Seaga was a man of principle and Manley was a greedy, power hungry fool...settled...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                  Seaga knew what would happen...so Seaga was smarter than Manley...and Manley failed...right?
                  MI NUH KNO BOUT

some people can argue SEAGA was a FOOL also

mi just point out certain things ...mi come across and hear

Comment

How do you mean you don't know...you just outlined it for me...the PSOJ was frustrated with Seaga because he didn't free up the thing...Seaga was slowly freeing up the thing because he knew we did not have enough reserves to fly di gate all at once...the PSOJ turned on Seaga and as a result Manley seized power...the PSOJ then forced Manley to free up di ting and as a result the economy crashed...so it seems to me that Seaga was a man of principle who would not let the PSOJ bully him to the detriment of the country...and Manley was a puppet who could not foresee what freeing up the ting would cause (aka not too bright or just a man of no principle who did it to secure power for his party)...is that what you are saying?

Comment

i agree with u...but this is in Retrospect

THINGS COULDA HAVE GONE THE OTHER WAY and MANLEY coulda look like a GENIUS

someway SEAGA thought he could have won another election...and 20 years later HE look like a FOOL...

both of them made good and bad decisions

SEAGA WAS RIGHT ON THAT POINT

Comment

Remember Economics Is A Social Science Enuh

Comment

So if Seaga was right things could not have gone the other way...and 20 years later it is Jamaica that looks like a FOOL...

Comment

YEAH but my point is that..with economics its not like PHYSICS or other hard science where u can come up with MATHEMATICAL PROOFS etc..

Michael the PSOJ and the AMERICANS were convinced that was the way to go.............and tell me where in the world is this economic MODEL successful?

not in any of the BRIC(Brazil, Russia, India And China and SA) country
                            Last edited by Skeng DX; October 16, 2011, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Hahahaaha.

You quoting Seaga now? In the same excerpt it says that the rate was stable thruout the 1980s and you telling me about black market rates of $30 to 1??? IT NEVER WENT ABOUT 8 to 1. I know cuase I was at skool in farrin and was keenly aware of the rate. Indeed, most of the fluctuating was in the early 1980s. From 1986 onwards it was rock solid.

Again, I say, go talk to people in the know. The catalyst for liberalization was the dangling carrot of USAID USD400m in debt forgiveness that largely NEVER materialized. Dem samfie wi. This talk of PSOJ delegation is fodder. Them didnt have no talk and could not force squat!

Unno a play DOMIGUESS. I lived this and worked in it...one of my counterparies is a key member of the Oppostion Shadow Cabinet, so PNP bigwigs know what a clock a strike.

Comment

Blame???

But what authority did they have? Dem always mouthing off about something, but they had no real power.

What a cop out you coming with!

You WANT to believe nonsense, I see.

Comment

Working...
                                X