Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80+ YEAR OLD Pearnel Charles mocks PNP bus tour crowds

Daraine Luton, Senior Staff Reporter

Jamaica Labour Party (JLP)North Central Clarendon Member of Parliament Pearnel Charles stood among about two dozen supporters in Summerfield Square, Clarendon with his BlackBerry smartphone in hand taking photographs, as the People's National Party (PNP) bus tour rolled by.

Under his nose was a sea of orange clad supporters who were riding the PNP Express across Clarendon and St Catherine. The scene was something Charles captured, not once, not twice, but many times.

But according to the veteran politician, "I am not worried about them."

Portia Simpson Miller had just lead a partisan bunch of supporters in town in a bid to shore up support for PNP candidate Colin Campbell.

"They have a right to be at their office; no problem. The People's National Party believes in democracy ... I want to live to see the day when PNP and JLP would be walking together, hands in hands and working on policies and programmes for the benefit of the people of Jamaica," Simpson Miller said.

Despite a sizable swell of orange supporters converging in front his office, Charles said he counted only 47 from North Central Clarendon.

"They haven't brought out 100 PNP to meet the leader so I have no problem," Charles said.

In a jab at Campbell, Charles said "I don't know if he is going to be the candidate, I am waiting to see if the PNP which is talking about integrity, will send Colin Campbell as a candidate."

Campbell was at the middle of the Trafigura scandal in which the party received a multi-million donation from the Dutch firm.

"We don't know Colin Campbell in this constituency. He is only known because he is associated with Trafigura."

Meanwhile, Campbell, who referred to Charles as the 'two head man' because of the surgical-like cultured gray and black hair style he sports, said time was up for Charles.

"Two head man, your days are numbered," Campbell said.

"From today until whenever, we are going to steamroll over them because they cannot cross it and it's time for them to go," he added.

Charles won the seat in the 2007 general election beating the PNP's Ralph Thomas. Charles polled 5,978 votes to Thomas' 4,109.

The last time Campbell contested an election was 2002 when he was unseated by Dr St Aubyn Bartlett in Eastern St Andrew.

The PNP began its tour in Spaulding this morning, moving through Crooked River, North Clarendon. The PNP Express will make several stops before landing in Bog Walk, St Catherine this evening.

Heavy afternoon rains in the Clarendon hills are threatening to put a damper on the road tour.

daraine.luton@gleanerjm.com
    Last edited by Skeng DX; October 13, 2011, 05:37 PM.

such juvenile nonsense!!!!

but .... i want to live to see the day when PNP and JLP would be walking together, hands in hands and working on policies and programmes for the benefit of the people of Jamaica," Simpson Miller said. WOW!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Skeng D View Post
      Charles won the seat in the 2007 general election beating the PNP's Ralph Thomas. Charles polled 5,978 votes to Thomas' 4,109.
      [/email]
      Thomas should have won that seat. Smart man with nuff accomplishments, and not a tribalist.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

C C O C

Comment

There is medical help if yuh have a problem wid yuh tings.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

C R O C
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
            X