Meddling USA? IMF / USA concerned about possible PNP victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meddling USA? IMF / USA concerned about possible PNP victory

The word is USA and IMF officials had expressed concerns about a possible PNP victory over the ruling JLP and the USA has used (and is using) its political muscle to influence the outcome of the next general election.

I am being told that Bruce was being nudged to step aside and give the JLP a better chance at the next general election due in 2012 but this nudge became a push after the tremendously successful PNP conference and the unveiling of the brand new JEEP. The concern was that the JEEP would be a huge money spending venture that would only provide temporary employment but would not contribute to the long term development of the country, but would provide the impetus that could take the PNP to a possible electoral victory.

There are concerns as follows:

A return to the high interest rate policy.
    A return to high inflation rate.
    A return to large scale devaluation.
    A reversal of the IMF policies in particular the public sector wage rate of 9% of GDP vs the existing 11%.
    An increase in the crime rate.
    Concerns about some political figures in the opposition PNP.
    Increase political refugee streaming into the USA .

Word is (unofficial) that the USA, IMF and Jamaica are working on brokering a new deal whic could/will see a relaxation of some of the conditions which were earlier agreeded upon between Jamaica and the IMF . This new deal is said to be designed to give the new JLP and Prime Minister some breathing room and an announcement is expected to be made within a week or two.
    We shall see what’s ahead for us but the stakes are high and the players are very active.

http://commonsenseja.wordpress.com/2...tory/#comments

Thanks Peter Phillips...you really are a HERO

Comment

You left this off article :

Whaa??? Okay, jay now I have to ask. Are these sources of yours on prescription medication? Because I don’t see how “concerns” 1-4 would be of any concern to the USA. The USA really doesn’t give a damn about other countries interest rates, inflation rates or devaluations (unless that country is China and Jamaica is not China). A high interest rate policy is nothing about which the USA would be concerned – Brazil in 2008 for instance had a lending interest rate (the interest rate I assume you are talking about) of 47% and both Haiti and the Dominican Republic had lending interest rates well above 20% long after lending interest rates in Jamaica had dropped below 20%. See here:

LOL...was this Lazie or Ben undercova..lol
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

well, mek wi keep one yeye 'pon it...it weither will happen or will not and then ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

In my opinion the IMF is giving Jamaica every chance to succeed. They don't want this to fail. If Jamaica succeed this is a case to sell the IMF as many of the caribbean and smaller economies are looking away from the IMF at the moment. Jamaica's failure is not in the interest of the IMF or the current government. But the IMF clearly states the conditions for Jamaica to get back on track in the medium term ang giving the government some time to get it done.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

won't waste time to comment on some igle blog.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
            X