OK, this is getting ridiculous now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, this is getting ridiculous now

Lloyd B Smith is contending that Holness is "brown" and not black.

From the sublime to the ridiculous.

ROTFLMAO

Yuh ever see my dying trial?

Lord what fools these mortals be.

... well yuh nuh hear say the JLP a browm man party? What else dem gonna say?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

He also referred to the JLP as slave masters living in great houses...fools united...

Comment

Since when is Holness not a black man by any stretch of the imagination?

Is this now a race for who has more skin melanin?

Its a slippery slope, as within many if not most Jakan families you have full siblings with much different skin hues. Is suh black people roll. If you going to judge "blackness" (a most dangerous path to take) you cant do it off a visual scan. It nuh wuk so in a mix up country like Jamaica. Yuh haffi test!

Just say a family history discovery show on BBC last night and the host was DNA-testing a half-Jamaican. He said that most afro-Caribbeans he tested in England had about 20% causasian DNA, no matter what they looked like. The lady he tested had a Jakan mother and white English Dad and had only 50% white DNA. The host was shocked and said that her mother, despite being Jamaican must have been of "recent" AFRICAN immigrant stock. He expected to find over 50% Causasin DNA. Clin Jackson, the Jakan-UK hurdler had 39% white DNA when tested and he seemed upset as he thought it could not be that much. Both his parents are Jamaican and his older brother went to KC.

Comment

How the tarrra-warrah is Holness anything but a straightforward black man? How???

Even Baugh is a stretch, but at least he has identifiable Indian roots.

Comment

Blowback is a bitch. Is who start this complexion thing anyway? and whose interests does it serve.

Comment

why is it important to him to make the distinction? send holness guh a uk, canada or merrykah and si how quick him realise whether holness black or not!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

I can't believe...did Lloyd B. really say that? what was the context??

For me it's never about the individual. It is the culture of self-hate I have a problem with, never about the particular individual. Couldn't care less what Holness is. I have even said Delroy Chuck should be PM, and I am somewhat serious about that.

I would really love to see how this issue was initiated.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

His article in the Observer today.

I get you about the culture thing.

Comment

Even in a Jamaican context, Holness could not even try to pretend.

We too dyam divisive.

Comment

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...-brown_9878859

Its time for Lloyd Bs columns to be excluded from the general commentary section. He is actively running for public office so his column should be treated as such and an opposing viewpoint should be given equal space.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Looking at the body language and facial expressions of some of these men "who would be king", it became quite obvious that they were not all genuine in their support stance.
                          Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...#ixzz1aUClro16

Let me guess that doesn't happen in Lloyd B's party
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

where is g2k when yuh need them?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                            X