No announcement yet.

Prospective PM says he’ll never embrace garrison politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gwan believe that. Wanna bet that your statement will be part of a certain party's propaganda in the next election: Tivoli has been neutralized ergo no problem. Very interesting Willi, says a lot.

Comment

Not free but in the Westminister system it is common to allow the PM/party leader to run in a safe seat. Safe and garrison is not the same thing.

If I remember my JA political history correctly NW Manley lost his seat in one of the early elections post 1944 and Glasspole had to take the role as Leader of the Opposition.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        Not free but in the Westminister system it is common to allow the PM/party leader to run in a safe seat. Safe and garrison is not the same thing.

If I remember my JA political history correctly NW Manley lost his seat in one of the early elections post 1944 and Glasspole had to take the role as Leader of the Opposition.
        Well to be fair, thats the discussion that has been going on since Holness came up. So your thinking is along the lines of others. The problem is if Holness goes to West Kingston the immediate reaction is that he is into garrison politics.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

So Tivoli is the powerhouse it once was?

Yes or no?

Comment

The apologists for TG have always said 'we can control them as long as we are in power'. How did that work out?

Comment

Well, Its now smashed as a force. Yuh not happy? I am.

Comment

Let's jut say I'm not as easily convinced as you seem to be.

Comment

Dont say it cant rise again, and hence why I dont want a PM to go there.

However, they have been neutralized as far as possible at the moment.

Comment

Close election coming Willi. What to do, what to do?

Comment

I hope he finds another seat. Give West Kingston to Tavares-Finson, that is right up his street.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

but why is it the JLP leader must get that seat? can the change be done from outside?

if Andy gets that seat I will immediately have a new cause celebre! do it, mi bored!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No, but it is not neutralized!!!

What neutral mean, Willi?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well, if him waan go do someting as idiotic as dat, den yes, mi ready fi deal wid him case!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                            X