RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As the empty barrel try to dispute the facts ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As the empty barrel try to dispute the facts ...

Jamalco deal close to signing

Mining Minister Clive Mullings has given the clearest signal yet that a deal for the sale of the Jamalco shares is close to being signed.
    When contacted on Sunday night Mr. Mullings said talks are in an advanced stage with an entity.
    Mr. Mullings, who is overseas on official business, told RJR News that he will update Prime Minister Bruce Golding on the divestment when he returns to the island on Wednesday.
    The completion of the divestment of the shares is another significant requirement of Jamaica's programme with the International Monetary Fund.
    The Government has received offers from Swiss based commodities trader Glencore and UC Rusal for its 45% stake in Jamalco, which is owned through the Clarendon Alumina Partners.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

No Comments??

I’m patiently awaiting responses on this forum to this new development.

Oh no, I just realized! This is another positive development under the present Jamaica government, so most likely there will be few comments from the regulars here. Sigh….

Comment

Positive?
      ...steadily selling off all assets?

Matters not PNP or JLP...

btw - When will the island be sold?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We need to decide when it is we should rail up in wi tings when our assets are sold and when we should not. It seems like we are very...peculiar, let's say, when we say it's a positive and when we say it's not.

And, are we check-marking every little "positive" thing that takes place under this govt.? Is dat bad?!?

But hey, if we need to dust off our shower-green pom-poms and dry-clean those batti-ridahs in preparation for a celebration, let's go!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We had no asset there. in case you never know Omar presold the bauxite and the government was paying billions per year.

Where was the outrage then?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ever thought for a minute that at the time that was a wise thing to do? Things like that happen all the time, Sass. I remember the JLP govt did the same thing with airline seats and we lost millions. I think it subsequently worked out but I am not into the likkle games dat people play, Sass.

And yuh need to ask the then opposition, where was the outrage then, if it so concerns you.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It is never wise to pre-sell our asset. It is alway a sign of desperation, No matter who do it. You can't presell your asset at low price and talk bout good move. It was a bad move.

How could it be good at the time when the country losing billions in the near and medium term?????
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I'm happy to see you disapprove of the act regardless of which side does it. Great!

Not getting into the pros and cons of it. But thanks for your viewpoint!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Again I am not afraid to. unnu kindly sidestep the fact that once Bruce called the JLP in it I said he should resign once he said he sanction the move.

Once there are fact I have no problem supporting any position, I will do it base on record and facts not based on hate or feelings.

Comment

Update the PM??? The man no gawn yet....he is still the legal Leader....like them divest out the decision making too.

Comment

Where were you when Ja (Shearer?) was selling bauxite for shilling a ton?

Comment

Yuh see dat same bauxite? It's going to ruin Ja, mark my words.

Done talk.

Comment

Again? I have no love lost for the bauxite industry...hear people lining up to buy trucks and get contracts...man a go lose dem shut....

Comment

Why is this a positive ? its an IMF requirement , so its a positive ? think out of the BOX , when Brazil paid off its IMF debt and had 208 billion in reserves and the IMF begged them to not pay it off but roll it over in interest only loans was that a negative or positive?

Pity they couldnt have Brazil under requirements anymore .When will JA reach that stage ?
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                              Why is this a positive ? its an IMF requirement , so its a positive ? think out of the BOX , when Brazil paid off its IMF debt and had 208 billion in reserves and the IMF begged them to not pay it off but roll it over in interest only loans was that a negative or positive?

Pity they couldnt have Brazil under requirements anymore .When will JA reach that stage ?
                              X ... you understand these entities have been a financial strain?
                              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                              X