RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pigment Matters: Some info for the Ostriches Among Us ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pigment Matters: Some info for the Ostriches Among Us ...

.... unnu know unnuself suh step up.

On 2nd thought...the problem is dat unnu DON'T know unnuself. Time unnu tek di rite pill

Dark Girls
    Diane Abbott

Sunday, October 09, 2011

NEXT week, at an international film festival in Nashville, USA, a new documentary called Dark Girls will debut. Made by two black American males, the film is about the shadism in the black community and how it affects black women in particular.

The film features a number of (often strikingly beautiful) black women explaining how negative attitudes towards dark skin within the black community itself have scarred their self-esteem. The interviews are poignant. Even as they talk, the memories are so painful that some of the women are in tears.

They recollect how even loving mothers would remark on their dark skin. Women explained how as children they felt less lovable, less acceptable because they were dark. One woman describes how she begged her mother to put bleach in her bath water in order to whiten her skin. Another said how as a child she used to hope that she would wake up lighter. Others said that they hoped that their own children would not be dark like them.

Yet another woman described how hurt she was when a friend blurted out how happy she was that her new baby had not turned out dark. And a number of women described how black men only saw them as sexual partners, never as "trophy" wives or marriage material.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...#ixzz1aHmfcXjH
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Forumites... try this test.

After you click the proceed button try the "Skin tone test" ... your own results might surprise you.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implici...takeatest.html
    Peter R

Comment

to me pigment dont matter

cause you have UGLY light skin women and beautiful dark skin woman and vice versa

only an idiot will chose becuz of pigmentation

Comment

lots of idiots around

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

So far no Ostrich sightings on dis one..LOL

Comment

Thanks for the link. I need to go back to school to understand it though...gets a bit complicated at the end....

Comment

Ostriches get a bad rap...they have the biggest egg, lovely plumage, great meat and not a bad business venture...check it out..

Comment

excellent link. thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                  Ostriches get a bad rap...they have the biggest egg, lovely plumage, great meat and not a bad business venture...check it out..
                  yeah...but dem dumb doh

Comment

I did the race test...I purposely linked "European" face with the words with negative connotation and got the red x...I also purposely linked "African" faces with the words with positive connotation...how then can the result say i am biased towards the "European" faces?

Comment

Working...
                    X