X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Quarter Of Growth

Another Quarter Of Growth
    Published: Saturday | October 8, 201110 Comments
    THE COUNTRY'S economy grew by 2.1 per cent in the second quarter of the year, Prime Minister Bruce Golding said yesterday.
    He said the Statistical Institute of Jamaica published the figures on Thursday.

The 2.1 per cent growth is above the Government's projection of 1.5 per cent and represents the second quarter of growth this fiscal year.

Golding's administration had been bedevilled by 13 quarters of decline which ended in the January-to-March quarter with a 1.5 per cent growth.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

... as expected dem walk far. I can bet if it was something negative ... they'd be coming out of the woodworks.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie: We have had this growth argument over a period of many years.

It means zilch if more and more people descend into poverty. I do not care if it is PNP or JLP behind those growth figures. ...again it means zilch if the vast majority keep sinking into every lower standard of living.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Lazie: We have had this growth argument over a period of many years.

It means zilch if more and more people descend into poverty. I do not care if it is PNP or JLP behind those growth figures. ...again it means zilch if the vast majority keep sinking into every lower standard of living.

How things Karl?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
        X